• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Wow...that blue thing is sweet. If you must have a date function on a dress watch, it should look like that!

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RogerP watches88 has the blue dial for $399, on amazon it runs in the $700's and eBay runs $528. Quite a spread. I have it in the cart on watches88...might just pull the trigger...thanks for the enabling :D

I'm not seeing it my man - I see the blue version with the faceted dial (SSA347J1) but not this "Starlight" version with the mottled dial (SARY087).

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a personal preference for the white dial, but agree that it is a shame to see this uninspiring all caps writing all over the dial, larger with every iteration.

The SARB065 had the right typefaces and font size for the design which I think really contributed to its fame.

If only these were 35-38mm and about a third as thick...

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I've bought things from Creation Watches in Singapore a couple of times. Very reliable and quick. The blue one is sold out with them, alas, but there are some good options and prices.

I haven't used "Watches88". Looks like they ship from Malaysia? $399 with them is a good price on that blue beauty - on the bracelet too. I found another Singaporean even cheaper - SG$507, which is about $380, from "Carousell".

Last edited:

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to stay off the internet! Roger got me interested in the blue Seiko Presage and then today I get hit with yet another cyber Monday ad from Ashford with this similar (but different) blue Eterna going for $899 (original price $5800). What's a guy to do?
blue on blue.jpg

theh00d

Reaction score
Hi there, lurker here and saw the post about watches88 (was skeptical but guess they're legit)

Was eyeing a gold orient president day-date on there.
Anyone know of anything similar?

kimmo

Reaction score
I've bought things from Creation Watches in Singapore a couple of times. Very reliable and quick. The blue one is sold out with them, alas, but there are some good options and prices.

I haven't used "Watches88". Looks like they ship from Malaysia? $399 with them is a good price on that blue beauty - on the bracelet too. I found another Singaporean even cheaper - SG$507, which is about $380, from "Carousell".

I used watches88 like 5 or 6 years ago once, no issues. YMMV.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to stay off the internet! Roger got me interested in the blue Seiko Presage and then today I get hit with yet another cyber Monday ad from Ashford with this similar (but different) blue Eterna going for $899 (original price $5800). What's a guy to do?
View attachment 881682
I think the Seiko is easily the superior watch here... more refined, a bigger brand with history and service, the dial is better textured etc. There is also a little extra, that Seiko uniqueness that is slightly bad taste but in a good way, which the Eterna doesn't have, following as it does the tenets of "modern Western mid-budget watch design" to the letter.

(on that Seiko design, I was sad to see in the other thread that Grand Seiko is being split out as its own brand for that reason. Please don't make them into another Richemont clone...)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads