• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ruffian

Reaction score
What do you think of Citizen? I was recently gifted an Eco-Drive for Christmas. It's kept time over the past five days perfectly.

Last edited:

Ruffian

Reaction score
Good to hear! I love the thing. I haven't really taken it off (except to sleep) since Christmas. I had a Seiko before this, it was my dad's old one, but it can't keep time over a 24 hour period even when it's worn for 12 out of the 24 hours. It stops, essentially, and it's sad. So he bought me this.

plot

Reaction score
I recently sold my SNZH60 in order to fund a recent obsession I've had with LV sub homages. On its way is a Seiko SKX007 along with a green bezel that i'll swap the stock one with.

plot

Reaction score
Make the switch! I've got this one on the way, I think it'll go perfectly with the SKX

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, first post in this thread - I hope I'm not retreading well-worn ground. Looking for a suggestion or two for a versatile, classy, timelessly styled, and decent quality watch. Here are my parameters:

(1) between $500 and $1K
(2) silver bezel
(3) white dial
(4) round
(5) black leather strap
(6) analog (duh)

Made and/or assembled in the USA would be a big plus.

The closest I've found to hitting all of these marks is the Shinola brand, but I'm worried they may be overpriced for what you get, and frankly I'm having trouble getting past the name. I've also come across Hamilton - their retro pieces are gorgeous and seem to be a good value, but I'm gathering they're not made in the USA anymore.

Any ideas anyone cares to share would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Thearkly

Reaction score
Watch under $600. I want the best quality I can get. I have been looking at some rose gold watches but they all have rubber straps and the watches themselves are big and bold. I want something I can wear daily that would still work in more formal attire. I have been reading tons of articles on watches and budget watches, but I thought the multitudes here may have more experience and ideas. Now, the only place I have looked is Macy's tbh. So if you have suggestions were to search go ahead.
Thanks!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Grayland. That is one of the nicest looking Hamiltons I've ever seen.

I just pulled the trigger on a secondhand Seiko Tuna. Now the waiting game until it arrives...

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Tissot is nice as well. Which model is it?

JTA

Reaction score

Hi all, first post in this thread - I hope I'm not retreading well-worn ground.  Looking for a suggestion or two for a versatile, classy, timelessly styled, and decent quality watch.  Here are my parameters:

(1) between $500 and $1K
(2) silver bezel
(3) white dial
(4) round
(5) black leather strap
(6) analog (duh)

Made and/or assembled in the USA would be a big plus.

The closest I've found to hitting all of these marks is the Shinola brand, but I'm worried they may be overpriced for what you get, and frankly I'm having trouble getting past the name.  I've also come across Hamilton - their retro pieces are gorgeous and seem to be a good value, but I'm gathering they're not made in the USA anymore.

Any ideas anyone cares to share would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

You can consider Seagull 1963. Think the watch (may) ticks all the parameters above except (1).. it's lower.. It is my daily beater watch (replaced the strap with leather strap) now.
Trust me, this watch is a beauty and has garnered many compliments.

JTA

Reaction score

I was in the mood of taking some pics of something today and selected a few of my watches. I think I share them with you.
Which Tissot model is this? Mind to elaborate few details please?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads