• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I bet it will look even better on a NATO. What color(s) are you thinking?

I have an OD Ericka's Original strap (with a yellow stripe in it that would work well with the colors of the watch) that will look good on it so I think I'm going to start with that. I've noticed some watches are a bit too top heavy for those Ericka's Originals though and tend to slide around or loosen up a bit too much through the course of a day (it probably doesn't help that I've lost a ton of weight since I had the strap made) so if it doesn't working on that I have a couple very well-worn NATO straps in khaki and olive drab that I rotate between a bunch of watches that will look good as well and they're super comfortable.

Nice case and interesting layout on the dial, that looks too busy to me though, with logos and text.

I totally get that - the dial layout is definitely a bit cramped and claustrophobic (but I think less so IRL than the pictures appear) and isn't for everybody. I know when the "Military" was first re-launched the dial layout was a big complaint a lot of folks had. I think it's sort of fun though.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see why. It's a Rolex/Patek love in and the posts are bizarre frankly.

Patek I get, but I'll never understand the Rolex cult. Yes, they're solid watches. They're also grossly overpriced (and that's before you factor in the craziness to get one) for their level of horology. Half the people who see it are going to think it's fake, and the other half are going to stick a gun in your face to take it. People love them for the "status" they think it conveys. Sorry, but I'm just not that into impressing real estate agents and bathroom attendants. In fact, for many people, being a "Rolex Guy" is more a negative than something that impresses.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My utility watch.
20230216_105231.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Total win.
Yes! Most Breitlings are way too busy for me but that Superocean series got it right. I remember sitting next to a bloke on a plane once and admiring his. It was a bicompax chrono with the same mesh strap with a blue dial. Same movement as the Tudor chronos IIRC. Very sexy!

shoewarma

Reaction score
Nice case and interesting layout on the dial, that looks too busy to me though, with logos and text.
I can see that, but I don't think this one looks busy to me. The cleanliness everywhere else dials it down quite a bit, pun intended. I find the Navitimer to be the gold standard for business.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patek I get, but I'll never understand the Rolex cult. Yes, they're solid watches. They're also grossly overpriced (and that's before you factor in the craziness to get one) for their level of horology. Half the people who see it are going to think it's fake, and the other half are going to stick a gun in your face to take it. People love them for the "status" they think it conveys. Sorry, but I'm just not that into impressing real estate agents and bathroom attendants. In fact, for many people, being a "Rolex Guy" is more a negative than something that impresses.

I don't get myself the hype on Rolex, certainly quality watches, but much more a status symbol. The prices achieved on the grey market are frankly ridiculous, but it's the logical consequence to a disparity between supply and demand. The only models I find really attractive are the Datejust and the Day-Date.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get myself the hype on Rolex, certainly quality watches, but much more a status symbol. The prices achieved on the grey market are frankly ridiculous, but it's the logical consequence to a disparity between supply and demand. The only models I find really attractive are the Datejust and the Day-Date.

I toyed with the idea of putting myself on the list for a GMT (not that I ever would have gotten one) until I did a little research. Went to the Omega boutique and paid 2K less for a vastly superior watch technically, was treated like royalty by the staff and walked out with it that day. On my checklist the Rolex ticked off two boxes, thickness and resale value, and since I bought this with the intention of it being a lifetime purchase, the latter was actually irrelevant.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Granted, I’ve only owned it for a few hours at this point but so far so good. The fit is great for my wrist and the colors on the dial really pop against the vintage-y cream backdrop.

Bezel and crown action are both great.

I don’t really care for Isofrane straps anymore, as I generally find them too stiff and chunky but this one feels quite a bit softer out of the box than the last few I’ve had. That said, I’ll be swapping the rubber strap out for a NATO once I have a few minutes to sit down without my kids running around me nonstop.

I’m glad I got in on the pre-order for this one. I really wanted a stainless steel Military when they came out but ended up with the PVD version instead. I’m definitely gonna be putting that one up for sale and keeping this one.
I have my military on mesh right now, but 95% of the time it's on an Erika's strap or a rubber strap. The case is just so top heavy that I need something to keep it tight on my wrist. It's very comfortable with either of those two options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads