• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poor customer service griping thread

click here

Reaction score
I had the greatest customer service from Isaora recently. They refunded me $397 via Paypal by accident and then customer service emailed this to me

I made a mistake and accidentally refunded you for the jacket (even though we already made the exchange).
Unfortunately for us there is no way to reverse that so you basically just got yourself a free jacket! Whoops! If you’re feeling generous go ahead and order something else from us with that money :)
If not no worries…

Last edited:

Shingles

Reaction score
More on END Clothing...

Recently bought a pair of Tricker's (£375) after asking for sizing suggestions clearly stating that I am a US 7.5 in Alden they adviced me to go for a UK 7 in the Trickers.
Later read here on SF that my correct size would be a UK 6 and ofcourse, the shoes turned out to be too big.

I sent the shoes back and asked for an exchange for the smaller size, and got a reply from END saying that the soles were dirty, that they would not accept the return and that the shoes had been sent back to me.

Their statement was absolutely ridiculous. I wore them TWICE indoors in my appartment.

After a couple of emails back and forth I got to speak to the customer service manager to which I explained my problems - for instance that they were being trivial and totally uncooperative - that they were also entailing two customs fees invoices on me - and these were £112.50 each - to which he just replied with the tracking number for the shoes he had just sent back.
Didn't even get anything to say about it.

Keep in mind here that I didn't even ask for a refund, I wanted an exchange for the smaller size, End Clothing would have still have got my money in the end.

So here I am stuck with a pair of brand new, never used, pair of shoes for £375. That are too big for me, that I may be able to sell for £350 if i'm lucky. Which have cost me £600.
For you Americans, that's 1000 dollars.

Our last correspondence was almost a month ago. Is there anything I can do?

Conclusion: Never again. Ever.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yikes! That sucks!

On a side note I am a bit surprised they didn't fit you. I wear an 8D in Alden Barrie and a 7.5Uk on Trickers 4497. They are a little bit big but I think a 7 would be too tight. I take up the extra space with a thin insole or thicker sock

Shingles

Reaction score

Yikes! That sucks!

On a side note I am a bit surprised they didn't fit you. I wear an 8D in Alden Barrie and a 7.5Uk on Trickers 4497. They are a little bit big but I think a 7 would be too tight. I take up the extra space with a thin insole or thicker sock

The way they treat their customers, the fact that they themselves don't suggest alternative options (like the ones mentioned earlier in this thread for example) and that they are unwilling to listen to their customers suggestions, is just deeply regrettable.

The Trickers last is the 4444 last. They are wide and large. The general consensus is to size down one full size and even one and a half size. Tried them with both thick socks and insoles, still too big.
I wear 7.5D in Alden Barrie which would equate to 6.5 or 6. Not UK7.

Last edited:

4frnt

Reaction score

I had the greatest customer service from Isaora recently. They refunded me $397 via Paypal by accident and then customer service emailed this to me

I made a mistake and accidentally refunded you for the jacket (even though we already made the exchange).
Unfortunately for us there is no way to reverse that so you basically just got yourself a free jacket! Whoops! If you’re feeling generous go ahead and order something else from us with that money :)
If not no worries…

I had a similar (positive) experience with Isaora. I made an exchange and they sent me a new jacket before they received my returned jacket. A week later when they finally got my returned jacket they said they did not have the jacket in my size anymore and offered a refund. I already had the jacket and could have easily gotten a free refund but I let him know they had already sent it out a while back and I got a discount code for my honesty.:thumbs-up:

umbrella613

Reaction score
Such shortsightedness - these places would rather save a few bucks now but can't see how their anal service will cost them thousands in lost business when the customer never returns. These companies won't last long...

Had a pair of Sorel boots that chaffed terribly. The store refused to refund when I came back three days later, and I'll never go back. Sorel was normal about it, of course - they emailed a return label and refunded, no problem. The store could have done the same thing without losing a penny!

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was buying a pair of pants from them for the first time. I called them as I was unsure of my sizing and they recommended order 2 different sizes, which I did. I ordered them through their website and nowhere on the product page did it sale it was a sale item. Only after I returned the items did they tell me that they were considered sale and they would only issue me a store credit!! Why in the world would I buy two sizes of the same pant if I had any inkling that I could not return them. Only when you want to the "sale section" of their site did it get noted there but nothing on either the fit page or the item itself did it denote a sale item. They were absolutely horrible to deal with throughout the process and would never give them another dime

That's awful, lol. I'd issue a chargeback on both items just out of spite, lol.

Unfortunately for us there is no way to reverse that so you basically just got yourself a free jacket! Whoops! If you’re feeling generous go ahead and order something else from us with that money
smile.gif

If not no worries…

Did you return the money? lol

I can also vouch for Isaora. They're just very nice and helpful people in general.

click here

Reaction score

Did you return the money? lol

Well, I used the refunded money to purchase more items from the store. Then I emailed them this

Wow! Greatest customer service I've ever received. Like you suggested, I've just order $324 worth of product from the store . But I feel so guilty... If you're feeling generous go ahead and ship these orders to me.

If not, just keep the payment. No worries...

They ended up shipping the items to me :embar:

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, I had a bad experience with (previous) forum sponsors W*ngt*p. I bought a pair of on sale AS boots size 9, they said their English shoes were English sizes so I bought them for my UK9 feet. Turns out to be UK8 and so obviously unwearable. Several emails to them yielded absolutely no response.

cold war painter

Reaction score

I wear 7.5D in Alden Barrie which would equate to 6.5 or 6. Not UK7.

I wear 8.5D in the Barrie and UK8 in Trickers. Trickers country line do run large though, to accomodate thick socks I guess - and everyone's feet are different anyway. But I don't think recommending a UK7 to someone with a Barrie size of 7.5 is too out of whack.

That doesn't excuse the appalling service you received of course. You never considered a CC chargeback?

Shingles

Reaction score

I wear 8.5D in the Barrie and UK8 in Trickers. Trickers country line do run large though, to accomodate thick socks I guess - and everyone's feet are different anyway. But I don't think recommending a UK7 to someone with a Barrie size of 7.5 is too out of whack.

That doesn't excuse the appalling service you received of course. You never considered a CC chargeback?

The general consensus seen from the Trickers thread is still to size one full size to one and a half size down.
But yes, everyones feet are different. I'm not sure what that translates into swedish. Plus I still agreed upon their policy when I ordered them through their website, they claimed that the shoes were in unsalable condition (which is bullshit, ofcourse). So i'm not sure what I can do. And it's been two months now I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads