• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Places to visit in Hong Kong

HitMan009

Reaction score
So I will be taking a trip to HK in a few months and would like to know what are some of the good places to visit for bespoke clothing? We all know about Jantzen and WWChan. But maybe there are some lesser known places that have just as good or even better quality then these places for prices that are less. I don't know if it is possible to top Jantzen for shirts but the price for a WWChan suit, I am sure it is possible to find something of even better quality at a lower price point.

Thanks

-HitMan009

Biggs

Reaction score
You can visit WW Chan, A-man Hin Cheong (another reputable - and oldest - tailor in HK), Jantzen Tailor and Ascot Chang (Prince's Building, Central)

benchan

Reaction score
For lesser known places, I guess you are out of luck as a tourist as some of their good tailors tend to work freelance moving from place and place.(Bespoke biz is not that good in HK esp shops that doest' advertise them to foreigners) For cheap suit and shirt, you may want to try out this one, visit their central shop where there is an experienced tailor. ERAVE Sam is located in the vacanity of WWCHAN, I heard that if you know your stuff and request it, they can produce an okay suit as well. You can also take a look at a department store called Lane Crawford in Central. it has a bespoke section. During Jan, they should have some discount for fabrics. Labour cost is about $400USD per suit.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For lesser known places, I guess you are out of luck as a tourist as some of their good tailors tend to work freelance moving from place and place.(Bespoke biz is not that good in HK esp shops that doest' advertise them to foreigners) For cheap suit and shirt, you may want to try out this one, visit their central shop where there is an experienced tailor. ERAVE Sam is located in the vacanity of WWCHAN, I heard that if you know your stuff and request it, they can produce an okay suit as well. You can also take a look at a department store called Lane Crawford in Central. it has a bespoke section. During Jan, they should have some discount for fabrics. Labour cost is about $400USD per suit.
Def. see A-Man. And also at least have Sam's make you a pair or two or three of odd-trousers in tropical weight worsted. They were (are?) a great value.

My View

Reaction score
And don't forget that Jantzen, besides making nice shirts, makes a decent pair of trousers too.

MPS

Reaction score
After considering WW Chan, and another tailor kindly recommended by Naturlaut, I tried Jantzen out for a couple of suits. They are superb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads