• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
leather w/cashmere lining
20110223_2285.jpg
[/IMG]
20110223_2284.jpg
[/IMG]

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
Thanks, I'm looking for real life photos of buffed hogskin, I suppose yours are peccary (or is it the same?)

They are more-or-less the same thing. Both are South American pigs.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do I care for my new pecarry leather gloves (aka hogskin?)

can I use Oakwood Saddle Soap to clean them?
Oakwood Leather conditioner or moisturize and protect?

Let me know!

quuz

Reaction score
So Im about to order a pair of madova gloves, just not sure about what lining to go with.

Either silk or cashmere? Unlined will be too cold for a swedish winter (down to -20 C) what do you guys recommend? I want to keep the lining as slim as possible so the gloves dont appear bulky.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So Im about to order a pair of madova gloves, just not sure about what lining to go with.
Either silk or cashmere? Unlined will be too cold for a swedish winter (down to -20 C) what do you guys recommend? I want to keep the lining as slim as possible so the gloves dont appear bulky.

Sheepskin really is the only thing that can cope with those temperatures.

Last edited:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying these from Chester Jefferies based on reviews in this thread and was underwhelmed. The Paris is their classic model and comes only in capeskin. My problem was twofold. First of all, the glove keeps slipping off my hand because the opening seems too large. Also, the leather seems rather rubbery and provides too much stick to everything. I kept them hoping that the finish would become more smooth with wear, but it did not. For 40 pounds plus shipping, I think a better pair could be found, particularly if you wait until the after Christmas sales.

jonnyt

Reaction score

Stocking up for Zurich winter

Purple (Aubergine) Kidskin, cashmere lined from Madova
Yellow Handstiched Peccary, wool lined from Perlinger
Dark Green Kidskin, cashmere lined from Madova
Tan Deerskin, Polyester Lining with Primaloft Insulation from Hestra

quuz

Reaction score
Received my madova silk lined gloves a few days ago very pleased with them.

p0dSy.jpg

However one stitch near the thumb has already come undone, either they came this way or they were just a bad pair. Anyway Madova told me to send them back to get them repaired or changed for another pair. Sucks having to wait two more weeks...
y19pz.jpg

Pyt6P.jpg

7Skf2.jpg

Last edited:

Noah.Dreams

Reaction score
Here's my favorite gloves. They're tan nubuck made by Timberland.

Rankiz

Reaction score
I've bought some gloves from Chester Jeffries. They're a little too big, but I've ordered another pair of gloves with a little tighter fit and the new ones are also bespoke. Let's see how that goes. :)

Last edited:

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I'm looking for real life photos of buffed hogskin, I suppose yours are peccary (or is it the same?)
They are more-or-less the same thing. Both are South American pigs.

Hogskin has these round flatten spots on them. Peccary has sets of hair follicles/holes arranged in triangular patterns.

Hogskin has odd resilience to them. It is soft but feels springy. Not sure how to describe it. I find it incredibly weird when worn. It is still comfortable but just feels wrong.

Peccary does not have that effect, though I still prefer deerskin to peccary.

YMMV

[Edit]
Chester Jeffries are currently offering limited edition Scottish cashmere lining. I just ordered a pair of green deerskin with aqua lining this morning.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads