• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of My Indian Kenmoors - 2009 - 2 Days Old

Nexus6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JibranK
I mean that they're coming apart not because they're corrected grain but because they're badly put together. I don't think outlet/non-outlet is an issue.

Vox has a 23-year-old pair of corrected grains that he still wears.

472936882_6G8ik-L.jpg

EDIT: I found a post showing Florsheim shoes. Maybe this poster can shed some light on the issue if you PM.

The photo you used from Vox is Shell Cordovan, not corrected grain...hello.

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nexus6
Can you get a closer photo?
Are you sure you didn't scrape them against something?

Haha you've arrived! I can't as my camera sucks. I'm not sure what happened. I just noticed it coming home on the train in the evening. It looks like a razor blade **** along it and peeled back a hair's width thin layer of black. Is this fixable?

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The photo you used from Vox is Shell Cordovan, not corrected grain...hello.
False.
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Church's Shannon black Bookbinder (corrected grain!) derbies (c.1986) Closeup of the Shannons:
472936882_6G8ik-L.jpg
These are my oldest surviving pair of adult shoes...nearing their 23rd year. At the time that I bought this pair, the corrected grain Bookbinder (now called just Binder, I think) were the most expensive category of shoes you would find in a Church's shop. The Bookbinders were lined in calf, unlike the mainline calf dress shoes like the Consul that had a partial linen lining (yes...linen! how un-iGent is that?!). All my other Church's have bitten the dust, but this pair...original soles and heels intact...remain to remind me of old times. These were the shoes that I would usually wear to punk or new wave concerts, where they would occasionally be up aloft in a bout of crowd surfing. - B

Nexus6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sean Archer
Haha you've arrived! I can't as my camera sucks. I'm not sure what happened. I just noticed it coming home on the train in the evening. It looks like a razor blade **** along it and peeled back a hair's width thin layer of black. Is this fixable?

ok waiiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute here....you snagged the shoes on some metla or something,
and it **** the leather.
Correct?
Because I have never, and I mean never seen a Kenmoor just split like that.

I know about that burgundy pair that was linked to.
I remember that very well....that...was a whole different story.
Lets stay focused on this black pair here.

Please confirm..
Did you snag the shoe on some thing sharp?
yes?

Sean Archer

Reaction score
I don't recall snagging it on anything. Which is why I need to confirm if this is normal for shoes to do.

The flap is 1.5 cm x 0.5 cm. Rather deep for a snag on something, and it's not a scratch. A razor blade could cause that but I can't imagine encountering something like that.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JibranK
False.

Get Vox here.
Because nothing YOU say interests me at all kid.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
That pair of Church's Shannons are, indeed, corrected grain. As I mentioned in the post that is quoted, this form of corrected grain was call "Bookbinder" back then, and now is just called "Binder." They were actually the most expensive shoes carried in Church's retail stores in the US, now a sadly departed memory.

The Shannon is still made and sold, and were one of the shoes worn by Bond in QoS.

- B

Nexus6

Reaction score
thanks Vox for clarifying.

What do you think of this guys Kenmoors here?
Looks like he sliced them open in a moment of carelessness?
or are new Kenmoors that bad?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Get Vox here. Because nothing YOU say interests me at all kid.
You've come off as arrogant and ill-informed in almost every post. Do you even wear shoes?

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get Vox here.
Because nothing YOU say interests me at all kid.

But you used to love us all. You told us so:

"I wanted to come here, to my bretheren,
and tell you all,
I love you.
I love you all.
Who is withe me?!
This website is great.
Lets shoew the world our 'gentlemenliness',
So no more 'flamola' ok?!"

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's defiantly not from normal wear nor, did it happen by itself. My guess is that you caught it on something (perhaps not realizing). Further evidence of this can be seen by looking at the sole. It's chipped directly below the damaged vamp.

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Now, would something like this happen to a black calf Allen Edmonds shoe? If this is normal I think I can live with it. If it's not, I will seek some kind of resolution with Florsheim.

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.
That's defiantly not from normal wear nor, did it happen by itself. My guess is that you caught it on something (perhaps not realizing). Further evidence of this can be seen by looking at the sole. It's chipped directly below the damaged vamp.

Good catch. The cut into the sole is in the same direction as the vamp cut.

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sean Archer
Now, would something like this happen to a black calf Allen Edmonds shoe? If this is normal I think I can live with it. If it's not, I will seek some kind of resolution with Florsheim.

Since it was self inflicted consider yourself at the mercy of their goodwill.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.

I'd agree with Nick V. in that it is not likely from normal wear but that is also not a normal reaction to strenuous/extraneous wear either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads