• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pic Request: Frye Boots paired with Jeans.

REKER

Reaction score
Ok, i've wanted to purchase Frye boots (Engineers) for a couple years now.
However, when it came down to it, I always talked myself out of dropping $200+ on another pair of boots (I own 2 sets of RedWing work boots). Granted, they are US Made and with good workmanship.

Now i've finally decided to just go ahead and purchase them (Brando Engineers/Tobacco) and wanted to see which jeans looked good with them so that when I buy the boots, I can have an idea of which pants to buy a long with them.

So now I ask those of you who own Frye boots (Can be any style) to post up your pictures of you wearing them and please note which jeans and which style boot. If you dont mind, also include what cut the jeans are.

Thanks!

Ps: I did a search and found like 3 pictures in the "what are you wearing today" thread and figured it would be easier to just make my own thread to condense all the pictures rather than search all 1,000,000 posts in the "WAYWT" thread.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by REKER
Ps: I did a search and found like 3 pictures in the "what are you wearing today" thread and figured it would be easier to just make my own thread to condense all the pictures rather than search all 1,000,000 posts in the "WAYWT" thread.

Easier for you, but not easier for us. Keep searching. There's plenty in there.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken

what ken said. plus, i don't have any frye boots, although i would like to get the brando lace-up.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

REKER

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken

Easy if you have time, yeah. Work full time, school full time, and a load of full time extracurricular activities doesnt really heed much time to searching all day for pictures. I just figured it would be easier for someone to copy/paste a link to a picture. It would have taken the same amount of time it took you to reply.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NoVaguy
what ken said. plus, i don't have any frye boots, although i would like to get the brando lace-up.

At first I was in a toss-up between the pull-on and the lace-ups, but then I thought about it and I like to take my shoes off when I enter my house and even some friends houses.
Right now im liking the Brando's and the Jesse Harness.

Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Here they are with 5EP boot cut. I tried KMW 1950's with them and the 8" hem wasn't big enough. I'm thinking you need to be in the 8.25 to 9" hem for the best fit.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6...sfit003fz4.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2...sfit004an4.jpg

Thanks! I searched for the pictures earlier and I couldnt find them. The boots/pants look great together! See, Its hard for me to find jeans that fit right. Im not a "slim" guy, but not fat, im an athlete and have always lifted weights. Being so, my quads/thighs require me to wear a size-up in the waist (35in) b/c if I didnt and wore my straight leg fit 34's, Id look like a cowboy.

Originally Posted by why
Tuck your jeans into your boots.

-

Nothing wrong with it, but just not.. me.

REKER

Reaction score
Thanks Gaucho and everyone else. Much appreciated. Please keep the pictures coming if you have them!

Gaucho, what size hem are those bottoms?

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by REKER
Thanks Gaucho and everyone else. Much appreciated. Please keep the pictures coming if you have them!

Gaucho, what size hem are those bottoms?

the leg opening goes down to 8" from 8.5" at the knee on a sz 32 5010xx...technically they're tapered...but, it's not noticeable, at all

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
the leg opening goes down to 8" from 8.5" at the knee on a sz 32 5010xx...technically they're tapered...but, it's not noticeable, at all

Do you like the 8" hem with the Brandos? I had some KMW 1950 with the same size hem and thought it was too small.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
My boots are frye arkansas boots; in tan. Weird that everyone always wants to know what they are; I posted a fit on another forum with em and got flooded with pms.

They are ridiculously oversized, so Uh, size accordingly. I'd recommend -1. i wear 13 nikes and would probably do 11.5 fryes.

I have the same boots, usually wear 11 sneakers/boots and 10.5 dress shoes, got 10.5 Fryes and had room for a full gel work boot insole. Comfy.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Do you like the 8" hem with the Brandos? I had some KMW 1950 with the same size hem and thought it was too small.

the low rise and the long, slim, straight legs of the skulls lend themselves to the sleekness of the brando boots, i think...this was a major consideration for me in buying the skulls...i wanted exactly that effect...and, in the beginning i was worried that i made a mistake...

when the jeans were brand new, the denim was very stiff and the boots would push up the material and cause some really unsightly knee-bulging...but, after some more breaking-in and a nice cold soak, the problem has reduced considerably...and, i'm really enjoying the way they work together

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads