• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Palladium Shoes?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was unable to afford buying my own clothing during the 80's and 90's so i just got these last month seemed clunky at first but now i see the appeal vs canvas sneakers
02352_090_primary_big.jpg

CyanideDragon

Reaction score
I link the grey, but the khaki & dark slate are tempting too. Would anyone consider these a better option than DBs?

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CyanideDragon
I link the grey, but the khaki & dark slate are tempting too. Would anyone consider these a better option than DBs?

I have the baggy leathers, and I prefer my DBs: I think they're more stylish/can be worn with more. However, these kicked ass in the snow/rain/bullshit winter this year, so I do recommend them. And ****, they're pretty cheap.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've ordered a pair of the baggy topped canvas ones in metal. It'll be good to have something that's pretty breathable but still sturdy and non-slip for the summer and they're cheap enough that I won't cry if they don't work out.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah, I had a pair of these in the '80's as well. I think they're a good alternative to Chucks, partly because they have a bit of a heel and good tread onthe sole. Might consider a canvas pair of Pampas for summer...

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Hah, I had a pair of these in the '80's as well. I think they're a good alternative to Chucks, partly because they have a bit of a heel and good tread onthe sole. Might consider a canvas pair of Pampas for summer...

How good is the sole on these for walking on non-paved surfaces and can you see them being good enough for light duty hiking on dirt mixed with mud and rocky terrain?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads