• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Painting Interior Rooms in Our House

InsBrokerTX

Reaction score
We've used both Behr and Ralph Lauren and liked them both very much. They may not be the best but it would be hard to get me to use something else.

What color are your ceilings? Are they different than your walls?

kaiserkarl

Reaction score
i used prada paint in my house. it's the same green as the one in their stores. also have a lot of wenge furniture for that prada feel. after that we put a coat of margiela flat latex.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just finished painting around 10 rooms in my house including the hallway and ceilings and I would echo most of what you said. I'll add a few too...

1. To me while Purdy brushes are a necessity I find having tape as a backup helps. If taping off walls to paint trim make sure to use super light tack paint to avoid peeling the paint off.

2. There is a paint called Stix, similar to Killz that will cover any glossy surface without sanding. Great for painting trim from older houses that have 10 coats of lacquer.

3. Use good dropcloths. No matter how careful we were drops were spilled and we noticed this after taking all the cloths off. Now that the floors have been refinished we are super careful.

4. I'd say while I spent 95% of my paint on Sherwin Williams, Benjamin Moore is an equal.

5. Use the right paint for the right room. Bathrooms will need different paints than say a bedroom.

6. Never use flat, always use at least an Eg-shel / satin for cleanup.

7. On trim use a minimum of semi-gloss to pop off the walls and make cleanup even easier.

8. Get the right nap rollers for the right surface, 1/2" for textured ceilings and 3/8" for flat walls.

9. Tinting primer can make painting over dark colors much easier however it also can't be returned if you order too much and can't be used in other rooms obviously.

10. For baseboards use an oil based paint to avoid rusting. Latex paints have water that will corrode the surface. Will be messy and smelly and is best to do when the heaters are off to avoid burn off fumes.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
^This is good advice, especially about using a good dropcloth. The cheap ones just don't lie flat and create a cleanup headache.

Wife and I are enjoying the new room colors. Next up is our library and we are hiring a pro to do the great room. Living and dining room were done last year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads