• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overcoat Bargains, Aquascutum DB, Crombie Cashmere, & a Camelhair DB classic, 42-44

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It;s getting cold and I thought I would sell some overcoats I have collected. I love them but there is not much use for them here in Houston! This Crombie overcoat, and a beautiful Scottish Tweed, are the last ones left! This Crombie has been sold. Thanks SF! Check out the last Scottish Tweed overcoat(last one available). Link is on the bottom of this post. I've sold one overcoat to a Forum member in Chicago who was very happy. I'm not a frequent or professional seller, but I operate by the principle of "Do unto others". If I wouldn't love an item as a buyer, I won't sell it as a seller. I don't have a mannequin. And I don't have the photographic skills of vman or the copy writing skills of mack02211. So my pictures are not the best. If you have any questions, need more info or pictures don't hesitate to PM me. This is very high quality overcoat that I handpicked so this a great value. Here is the plush Crombie Charcoal Gray overcoat. It's a 50/50 Cashmere/Wool blend and is very high quality that feels like 100% Cashmere. It's a classic 3 button front with a single rear vent, and turn up cuffs. It's a 42" length, 48" chest, 25" sleeves, and 18" shoulders. The weight is medium-heavy.
OvercoatsSF006.jpg
OvercoatsSF001.jpg
OvercoatsSF007.jpg
OvercoatsSF005.jpg
Crombie Made in England is very high quality as many of you know and this mint overcoat is certainly plush. The close up photo of the overcoat is truest to color. Go by the measurements, of course, and depending on how you wear the coat(over a suit or just over a shirt or sweater), they may work for sizes 40-46, which is why I listed them the way I did. All are very nice indeed and real values. The linings in each overcoat is pristine as is the exterior and there are no flaws. If you have any questions or requests, don't hesitate to PM me. Good Luck, first come first serve. See below for a link to the Scottish Tweed overcoat. Regards, rnoldh

modmica

Reaction score
Beautiful coats -- I would take two if I didn't live in LA. Nice seasonal outerwear is one of the advantages of living in a colder climate.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice stuff indeed, but I fear you may have misspelled Aquascrotum.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
very nice stuff indeed, but I fear you may have misspelled Aquascrotum.

crackup[1].gif

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is the shoulder measurement for the first coat?Are the shoulder measurements for the last two coats correct? Seems a little small for the size of the coats...

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure
what is the shoulder measurement for the first coat?Are the shoulder measurements for the last two coats correct? Seems a little small for the size of the coats...

Thanks for asking.

These are quality coats with zero shoulder padding, so consequently they do not have big shoulders.

The first coat(the Aquascutum)is a semi-raglan type of shoulder-sleeve so it's hard to measure exactly. I'd say it's about 19", a little bigger than the other 2.

For the other 2, the camel-hair DB is closest to 19" and the Crombie is closest to 18.5".

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am the forum member he sold to.

I am extremely happy with his goods. First rate in every regard, and also a really good deal.

He also follows up to make sure you are happy.

If you need a coat, buy one of these. I would have bought them all if I needed that many!

Thanks Arnold.

kakaroach

Reaction score
I need a coat, and have been looking for a good deal. This seems to be the best deal I've come across. Question is: I am a 38R..(40" chest, 18" shoulders, 20" under the armpit) will any of these coats fit me preperly? This is of course assuming that I have a sport coat or suit jacket or something underneath.

Thank you!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakaroach
I need a coat, and have been looking for a good deal. This seems to be the best deal I've come across. Question is: I am a 38R..(40" chest, 18" shoulders, 20" under the armpit) will any of these coats fit me preperly? This is of course assuming that I have a sport coat or suit jacket or something underneath.

Thank you!

It might, you should be the judge if it works, contingent on the overcoat measurements and your own measurements. Generally I believe an overcoat (to be worn over a suit), should be 6-8" larger than your chest.

You say that you are a size 38R suit size, but mention a 20"X2 chest! Is that your chest measurement? Or the chest measurement on your suits? See what size the chest is on your suits. If it is 40-44" then these coats would certainly work. Otherwise they might be a little loose but still wearable. You need to measure and be the judge. Of course some slight tailoring alterations, which would certainly be worthwhile, and would be an option.

Anyway, I hope that helped. Do some measurements and check against these measurements and see what you think. Let me know if I can help.

Regards,
rnoldh

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had a lot of interest, questions, and PMs.

I'm awaiting Paypal payment on 2 of the coats but nothing has been finalized.

Thanks for all the interest.

I love fine overcoats despite being in Houston, and I'll try to find some more to list.

kakaroach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
It might, you should be the judge if it works, contingent on the overcoat measurements and your own measurements. Generally I believe an overcoat (to be worn over a suit), should be 6-8" larger than your chest.

You say that you are a size 38R suit size, but mention a 20"X2 chest! Is that your chest measurement? Or the chest measurement on your suits? See what size the chest is on your suits. If it is 40-44" then these coats would certainly work. Otherwise they might be a little loose but still wearable. You need to measure and be the judge. Of course some slight tailoring alterations, which would certainly be worthwhile, and would be an option.

Anyway, I hope that helped. Do some measurements and check against these measurements and see what you think. Let me know if I can help.

Regards,
rnoldh

Well I put measuring tape around my chest and breathed in, I measure 40" chest-wise.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakaroach
Well I put measuring tape around my chest and breathed in, I measure 40" chest-wise.

Aquascutum DB and the Camel Hair DB are sold.

kakaroach,
The Crombie is still available and I believe it would work over a suit (or odd coat), for you.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
I am the forum member he sold to.

I am extremely happy with his goods. First rate in every regard, and also a really good deal.

He also follows up to make sure you are happy.

If you need a coat, buy one of these. I would have bought them all if I needed that many!

Thanks Arnold.

Thanks antirabbit,

Here's a picture of the gabardine overcoat he bought:

OvercoatsSF017.jpg

I loved it and would have kept it if I had more chance to wear it.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hehe, I did get lucky.

I wore it today to a meeting with a chief neurosurgeon....he pined over it!

Thanks again!
C

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Hehe, I did get lucky.

I wore it today to a meeting with a chief neurosurgeon....he pined over it!

Thanks again!
C

You are welcome!

I'm glad you'll get some good use out of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads