• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

deadsunrise

Reaction score
my indigo dungarees didn't repel water after a year and a half, I used to always hang dry but after this test I now put them in the drier straight from the washing machine. I put a couple of dungarees and they are dry in about 15 minutes.

I wear them almost daily so they have more than 300 wears. After I started putting them in the drier they improved a lot: Sorry for the ****** video

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with sizing up and tailoring the waist to make the thighs fit? I foolishly I missed out on the keirin cuts, which I think would have been perfect. I just picked up a 60/30 chino in size 32 and while the waist is perfect, the thighs are skin tight and look a bit silly. My actual waist is 33", thighs 24-24.5".
And if anyone has any keirin cuts to sell hit me up!

eloq

Reaction score
hey, if anyone has the hypercity international backpacks, lemme know
will pay well. :slayer:

brooks23

Reaction score
Proof NY just launched preorders for their new jeans at $125. It seems to be their answer to the Dungarees. It looks like denim, with its nylon-cotton blend, but it looks like the cheap sort. At the preorder price it's probably reasonable.

I wanted to follow up on the pair I ordered for anyone interested.

I had some buyers remorse while I was waiting on them to arrive and wasn't even considering keeping them when the package arrived, but as it turns out, after wearing them a few times over the last week, I really like them.

I think they looked a little more dad jean'ish on the site because, as usual, they use dudes that are like 5'9" as their models and everything looks stubby. Given they are more of a slim straight fit than tapered (I'd still say there is some taper), they look pretty slim on me (6'4"). The fabric is a little rigid, but it's a nice medium weight and it stacks pretty nicely. I'm assuming it will break in somewhat, but it feels really durable for not being super heavy -- which I guess is the idea when you're using Cordura. There's just enough stretch to make them not feel as constricting as 100% cotton jeans.

My only complaint is the waist fits a bit loose compared to their Nomads, but it's not a big deal. As much as I love my slim dungarees, sometimes I miss the texture and weight of denim but I've never really been in to the whole raw denim thing, so these ended up fitting the bill. I'm really happy with them for $125. At $225, it'd be a little harder to justify. That said, it's nice to see Proof making an effort to do their own thing and maybe get out of being seen as an Outlier clone.

blynch

Reaction score

joshualim90

Reaction score
my indigo dungarees didn't repel water after a year and a half, I used to always hang dry but after this test I now put them in the drier straight from the washing machine. I put a couple of dungarees and they are dry in about 15 minutes.

I wear them almost daily so they have more than 300 wears. After I started putting them in the drier they improved a lot: Sorry for the ****** video

So I should skip the hang dry part and move straight from the washer to the dryer?

Hope it will work for me!

SuEd

Reaction score
That said, it's nice to see Proof making an effort to do their own thing and maybe get out of being seen as an Outlier clone.
Again, I know this is the Outlier thread - but for the love of all things tech-wear, , Huckberry has Proof NY

There is a Technical Clothing thread and a Proof NY thread. You don't help Proof NY not be seen as an Outlier clone by only posting news about them in the Outlier thread...

Exdeath

Reaction score
Anyone else an Outlier sock devotee? I know they're kind of plain but honestly I think they're one of the best products they make.

aeymxq

Reaction score
does anyone know why outlier only did one run of their merino pullover? it seems like the kind of functional, basic garment they would add to their permanent lineup.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads