• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

velobran

Reaction score

The blazer looks decent. There's a lot of competition at that price point, though.

Does anyone else find it weird that they keep removing products from the pages accessible by the menu buttons? The New OGs aren't listed on the Pants page, but you can still access them via Google.

Yes, I find that very weird, and annoying.

onbooze

Reaction score

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
Just got my first Outlier order, a pair of OG's in flat tan and NYCO slims in navy, both size 32.

I'm liking the NYCO's. They're too long, but I guess I'll just roll up the cuff for now and get them hemmed after the first wash. How often should I be washing these BTW? I'm kind of a noob with clothes and wash my pants once a week, but I'm starting to suspect from reading this forum that that's too often.

The OG's on the other hand are way too big. Not just in the waist; I thought that they would be more slim fitting. I like the idea behind them and the way they're sewn together, but I don't think these will work for me. My mom claims the fabric looks like cheap polyester. Not sure if that's true, but they're so comfy that I don't really care. Maybe I'll try going for a pair of Proof's Nomads when they go on sale (looks like I just missed their biyearly sale this time), as I hear they're cut a little slimmer.

spencers

Reaction score
Wondering how close the "charcoal" color is to the "slate" Climbers. I really shouldn't have slept on the slate climbers. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Mehmet Korkmaz

Reaction score

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lunis/lunis-tailored-performance-pants-built-for-adventu

Just found this on Valet. 

Basically looks like an outlier rip. the side zip pocket and reflective inside make them look that much more technical that I think they're a bit uglier though. I'll stick to my climbers. 

I don't really think it's fair to call any 'tailored performance wear' an Outlier rip anymore. The market for technical menswear is its own niche now, and I think it's great that there's some more options. Those Lunis pants look decent. They have a gusseted crotch, which is more than Proof NY can say. Also, the side zip pocket is pretty subtle and useful (you see it a lot in outdoor sporting garments). I agree about the inner reflective design, though. It looks ugly and is pretty useless if it's only on the right leg.

Anyways, don't all these companies use the same Schoeller Dryskin 4-Season fabric? Outlier's construction quality isn't even that exceptional, from what I can tell. Competition should be good for the market.

joshualim90

Reaction score
The dryskin on Mission Workshops's Division pants is different from the OGs? If yes, is it more durable as compared to the snag-happy 4season?

I have been hiking in my slim dungarees and it just ain't as great without the stretch, I am afraid that my 'repetitive motions' and constant leg stretches will break the gusseted crotch.

velobran

Reaction score
Different fabric right? Like the olive color. Probably a cheaper sourced fabric, hence the cheaper price?

Edit: Read the Reddit thread on them.

Over all - different fabric (same as the new pants they released, I think?). It's a 2 way stretch and single weave fabric so it feels lighter than the OG 4 way double weave fabric. New pocket designed to dry quicker. New Ways are supposedly cooler feeling in the heat.

Last edited:

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shorts are useless to me everything falls out of the front pockets, and the back pockets are so damn deep whatever you keep in them just smacks against the back of your leg as you walk.

velobran

Reaction score

Shorts are useless to me everything falls out of the front pockets, and the back pockets are so damn deep whatever you keep in them just smacks against the back of your leg as you walk. 

I haven't had anything fall out of my front pockets - not phone, keys, etc. Wallet feels fine in the back, but iPhone definitely smacks my leg.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want the cobalt so bad but I probably don't have the guts to wear them often enough to justify the cost.. One of those "stuff that looks better in the pictures than on me" :/

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in the Outlier x Freeman's Sporting Club 60/30 blazer in Navy/Gray Sz 40? PM me.

Mehmet Korkmaz

Reaction score
The shorts look interesting. It's Cordura nylon, so I imagine it'll be like the Slim Dungarees, but with more stretch. It looks like this model doesn't have the gusseted crotch though, which is pretty disappointing. I also wonder about the waistband button: they've mentioned updating the buttons, but it's hard to tell if this new ribboned button is stronger than the old rivet system.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads