• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our Legacy

NYLON

Reaction score
Talking about silk OL...
Mine always have flaky bits falling off and sticking to the pants.
Does this also happen to anyone else? ( it doesn't matter which color..but the white/offwhite ones are the most obvious)

jajordan378

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the first cut raw blue jeans are selvedge? Getting different details from different sites. Just bought from eastdane. Thanks!

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Does anyone know if the first cut raw blue jeans are selvedge? Getting different details from different sites. Just bought from eastdane. Thanks!

None of mine are. I have three pairs -- washed grey, washed blue, and raw denim.

Still really nice jeans though. I really like the cut.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My selvedge raws are cut zero. Wish I got more as for $30 they were a damn steal at the sample sale.

Last edited:

DonHeebenhof

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the 50's crewneck sweater fits? Wear a M in pretty much everything including John Elliott, Jcrew, Rag and Bone, etc. Been trying to track a duo pink down in medium but can only find large. My follow up question would be if anyone has the duo pink pullover in a medium and wants to get rid of it

DonHeebenhof

Reaction score
Absolutely gutted over not checking for it on sale about 1 month ago. It was too much for me when it first came out, seeing it for like $70 or less at some places
butbut.gif

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are the first cut a slim straight, or more relaxed top block/tapered? hard to tell from the images i've seen.
also, TTS?
thanks

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

are the first cut a slim straight, or more relaxed top block/tapered? hard to tell from the images i've seen.
also, TTS?
thanks

More relaxed top block/ tapered, but not extremely so. Top block is more relaxed than APC NS/ 3sixteen SL cut. IIRC the leg opening is smaller than 3sxiteen's SL cut as well. Fits TTS.

leeba

Reaction score
If anybody has seen this still around in a 50 (7oz denim shawl zip shirt, think it was ss15):

I'd appreciate a PM. I picked up a 48 but thinking it might end up a little small.

Serad

Reaction score
Quote:

I have the same problem. I have a newish white shirt (2 or 3 washes) and flaky stuff is everywhere. I'm hoping it'll pass after some time. I also have the one in dark green and it doesn't seem nearly as bad (might just be the colour though), and it's worn in very nicely.

Did you experience your flaky silk issue dissapear over time? I can buy another one of those shirts locally (the white silk one) on sale for half off, which is an absolute rarity in my experience, and I love these shirts...but the fact that I leave white bits of silk everywhere bothers me a bit so I'm hoping it's just gonna dissapear in a while.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads