• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn wondering if the Echo will turn out as good as those bison.

Yes, but differently. The Echo is different from the start. The Bison is sorta like scotch grain with an attitude. But even better. Those F'ers with that sole are like a tank I bet. They look like a Crocodile with pirhanna soles.

The sole makes a big difference here. Well at least to this boot noob.

I am leaning towards a vote.

westie187

Reaction score
Fok, the mini-ripple wasn't getting it done, so Fok, can you swap to full sand ripple? F it, maybe we can make a miracle happen and get the boot made.

Get your vote on!!!
Is this confirmed? Switching to full sand ripple?

benjaminroy

Reaction score
I'm in if we're changing to the sand ripple. I love the leather and the white sole looks dope, but not quite dope enough to make me pull the trigger. Sand ripple, though, that seals it for me.

John Grady Cole

Reaction score
Just placed my Echo vote. Excited to wear it while fighting off Zargs, Zorgs, Zarkons and Zargons.

Last edited:

stickydonk

Reaction score

Where does the large ripple sole fall in the spectrum of comfort/squishy-ness?

Large ripple sole not to squishy. It's damn near perfect for street wear and open terrain. I was suspect of of it until i got boots with full ripple. I enjoy wearing them more than sneakers. Find ripple sole boot more comfortable than sneakers

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy, if Fok can confirm the switch to sand ripple, we may have a puncher's chance of pulling off a miracle and getting the HOF Bison boot made.

dimsumsogood

Reaction score

Large ripple sole not to squishy. It's damn near perfect for street wear and open terrain. I was suspect of of it until i got boots with full ripple. I enjoy wearing them more than sneakers. Find ripple sole boot more comfortable than sneakers

Thanks. I'm not a fan of the bison, but definitely interested in the ripple sole for future makes.

Capsicum

Reaction score
Who's voted for 13? How many votes do we need to take over #11? I know everyone loves the 2030 last, but really think 110 is the way to go with the waxed flesh!
That's exactly my point!

Tough leather is perfect match with 110 last rather than slim last. Even I got 2030 boondockers and it looks awesome with patina right now but I still prefer 110/2045 last for such tough boot. same as wax flesh leather.

Last edited:

Graemsay

Reaction score
If there were enough orders would it be possible to build the Slim Waxed Flesh boot on the 110 last as well as the 2030?

The boots are going to need different lasts for different sizes, so swapping between different widths just means picking out a different one from Viberg's selection.

pema

Reaction score
No word back on rivets yet? Seems like it's been a while. I feel like this would make #6 something unique. Most people seem interested. Please let us know if it's possible. Thanks.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Blue Collar Garage boot is on vibram 700 sole, I wonder if it is too heavy, I prefer danaite sole, is it lighter?

I don't think there will be a lot of difference in weight between the two. Neither will be as heavy as a pair of White's or Nick's I wouldn't think, or a Viberg 310 with double leather sole.

westie187

Reaction score

@LA Guy, if Fok can confirm the switch to sand ripple, we may have a puncher's chance of pulling off a miracle and getting the HOF Bison boot made.

Any confirmation of this?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member