• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on the Santoni Darren model?

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
I'm starting to build my business wardrobe and I am in need of a pair of plain black captoe. I am looking at the Santoni Darren that I can get at Nordstrom at 30% off. What does everyone think of this shoe? I know the forum tends to recommend Park Aves but I feel they're not as sleek as the Santoni Darren. Are there other shoes I should look at that are readily available around Boston?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a captoe, check out the AE Evanston. I think it is a sleeker AE last, and probably the only one I would buy (aside from the new "7" models).

if construction matters to you, the AEs are goodyear welted (a better construction), while the darren's are blake or bologna constructed (which is by all means fine). I personally don't think it matters, but you should probably be able to find Darren's on ebay. I would not pay more than $300 for the Santoni main line, which includes the darren, but it is a good looking shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics