• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It looks like you're standing very straight in that photo. Unless that's your natural position, you may want to stand a little more relaxed at your next fitting. Otherwise, the jacket will be made for someone with a different posture.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick snap of my finished peacoat that I picked up today. Fit pics will follow once I get the time :)

YourMadeInItaly

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all,

this is our ongoing bespoke project for a customer in Philadelphia.

Now it's all in the hands of our craftsman Amedeo, a creative mind that is putting together all these features and ideas.

and finally the prototype has been completed.

There are some small blemishes to adjust, but for a first try it looks good.
What do you think?

and now, after a long work, some well-deserved rum and cigar ;-)
Cheers!

dng992

Reaction score
Just a heads up. F.Guida (ex-liverano) is in London on the 3/4th November. I'm having my first fitting for bespoke suit/jacket. Hope to get fit pics shortly. Let me know if youre interested I guess - Im his only london customer !

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I didn't take any photos at the fittings, but here are the final results with a Korean tailor I've used as my entry into bespoke. The jacket was made with something from Martin & Sons and the pants with a wool gabardine from Scabal.

Which one? I really like the cut of that jacket.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't take any photos at the fittings, but here are the final results with a Korean tailor I've used as my entry into bespoke. The jacket was made with something from Martin & Sons and the pants with a wool gabardine from Scabal. [/ I like the high waisted trousers. Good crease, the cuffs have a good size to them, and your trouser length is proper Are those clip on suspenders...

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very interesting cut. I quite like it. My only minor critique is that I wish the quarters cut-away in a manner more similar to the way the jacket flows above the gorge. The top is more rounded, and the bottom is more angular - I think I would prefer more symmetry (a la Liverano).

Nonetheless, it looks very nice. Kudos, and wear in good health.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unrelated, but why the heck can braces like those (not sure what their actual name is) be made to take buttons, rather than clips? I adamantly refuse to wear clip-on braces, but quite like that style in particular.

Maybe inquire with Thurston?

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about a brushed wool navy herringbone for a formal suit?

It would have flap packets, wide lapels and a natural shoulder. I know the classic choice for a serious suit is a plain navy worsted, but I feel like I would never use it outside of job interviews and super important meetings. I had a really classic suit made MTM by Mabro, but I lost 50 pounds since I had that made, so it's time for a new one.

This is more my taste and style. Think something like this, but darker and in lighter weight:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How do you guys feel about a brushed wool navy herringbone for a formal suit?

It would have flap packets, wide lapels and a natural shoulder. I know the classic choice for a serious suit is a plain navy worsted, but I feel like I would never use it outside of job interviews and super important meetings. I had a really classic suit made MTM by Mabro, but I lost 50 pounds since I had that made, so it's time for a new one.

This is more my taste and style. Think something like this, but darker and in lighter weight:

Not sure what brushed wool means, but isn't that just a herringbone worsted?

Herringbone seems fine. I don't know if you're really getting something that different from a plain navy worsted.

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's what my tailor called it. Had never heard it before. Can't remember what bunch it was from.

If you're looking for something similar to that pic, you can probably do one better and get the exact same fabric.

If memory serves, I'm almost certain it's Harrison's P&B Universal. Fairly heavy though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads