• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time, we'll add another sleeve, and some buttons. Some shoes too.
Spent the day having fun with my buddy Dionisio today [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer For faux tweeds Worsted Alsport and Glorious Twelfth are great. There are just some cool sport coat fabrics in Delfino Brugghiera, Moonbeam, and one of Cacciopoli's books (can't remember which, not Golden because that more summery).

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been busting Sander's and Braddock's balls lately so I figured it's my turn to contribute instead of just making fun of my favourite German dudes.

First fitting at AW Bauer. This is my second suit from them (they have also made me a jacket and a superb peacoat). Looking forward to the next fitting in a few weeks.

I also had a NSM fitting (first fitting) the same day.

Thanks to @Dannefalk for tagging along and take the pictures.

Navy flannel? Both look great.

Uhm yeah, but usually I don't wear unlined tweed jackets on bare skin, so that shouldn't be a problem.

So typical of you to not get this: he was thinking of the women snuggling up to you. Get pure cashmere next time, you chauvinist pig!

Have yet to do the buttonholes on this.

Rather Star Wars looking I think.

I thought more Dr No. What kind of client is this for and where does he wear it (if you can discuss)?

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
@Newcomer For faux tweeds Worsted Alsport and Glorious Twelfth are great. There are just some cool sport coat fabrics in Delfino Brugghiera, Moonbeam, and one of Cacciopoli's books (can't remember which, not Golden because that more summery).

Basically the list we had talked about haha. Some others as well, but that was pretty much it.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Navy flannel? Both look great.
So typical of you to not get this: he was thinking of the women snuggling up to you. Get pure cashmere next time, you chauvinist pig!
I thought more Dr No. What kind of client is this for and where does he wear it (if you can discuss)?

He's a Director of Photography, he's started shooting with Mario Testino a lot recently who insists his crew always wear all black, because he's senior he doesn't want to show up dressed like a waiter. The jacket is meant to be functional and durable (its actually made from WBill Moleskin) and easy to shoot things in so it has the inverted pleat in the back for extra movement and pleated patch pockets for holding equipment.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Davarpanah

Reaction score
So - Recently came back from the tailor with some fresh picture to share. Hoping to pick everything up tomorrow. The fabric for the DB suit and wintercoat, are both from Bateman & Ogden , 130's wool 90 % / cashmere 10% 270 grams- and 650 gram 100 wool for wintercoat.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So - Recently came back from the tailor with some fresh picture to share. Hoping to pick everything up tomorrow. The fabric for the DB suit and wintercoat, are both from Bateman & Ogden , 130's wool 90 % / cashmere 10% 270 grams- and 650 gram 100 wool for wintercoat.
very nice suit. the jacket especially works well for you

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two numbers from B&Tailor.

First a 4 button DB in Solaro, the second a three-roll-two sports jacket in Porter and Harding's Glorious Twelfth.

I think my foray into North Asia bespoke is shaping up well.

Pictures are from the first and second fitting. Lazy to sort them out :)

---------

----------

Miscellaneous pictures

Last edited:

noblackjeans

Reaction score
Ok, so lets publish my first post ever on Styleforum by adding to the Sartoria Corcos mania. This is my first bespoke jacket ever and I choosed a 300 gr. Holland and Sherry hopsack/fresco (thats what Kotaro calles it) fabric, to be used for late spring and summer. The color is something between light and mid blue (the pictures doesn´t do it justice) and I guess I made the classic mistake by not going for something safe for my first jacket (that´s how it goes when you choose from swatches in a dark hotel room.) Nonetheless, I´m pleased and find the jacket quite promising.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads