• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions; i'll probably stick with the jetted pockets for this commission. suit wise, i only have ready to wear suits that i only wear for events like weddings/funerals.

i've only started to dabble in bespoke since june and have a charcoal suit from assisi that should be finished soon, and thinking of doing suits with taillour/fred nieddu [finished a raglan coat with him and it turned out great], and qemal [doing a doppio uso with him already].

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions; i'll probably stick with the jetted pockets for this commission. suit wise, i only have ready to wear suits that i only wear for events like weddings/funerals.

i've only started to dabble in bespoke since june and have a charcoal suit from assisi that should be finished soon, and thinking of doing suits with taillour/fred nieddu [finished a raglan coat with him and it turned out great], and qemal [doing a doppio uso with him already].
Welcome to the club baller.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would personally go for flapped pockets. You can have them as flaps some of the time but you can also tuck them inside when you want jetted pockets.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ciccio is Japolitan, ask for jetted.

Once you're pass the initial phase of 5-6 orders a year, one or two a year with these tailors is more sustainable for the long run. I'm sticking with Qemal mostly. Occasionally Kotaro if he has something interesting. Will try Assissi next year.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Once you're pass the initial phase of 5-6 orders a year, one or two a year with these tailors is more sustainable for the long run. I'm sticking with Qemal mostly. Occasionally Kotaro if he has something interesting. Will try Assissi next year.

You mean Nippolitan?

tdang

Reaction score

Man I’m doing this all wrong then … Too sartorially promiscuous 😂

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I’m doing this all wrong then … Too sartorially promiscuous 😂
Tdang is top 1 of the baller club :worship:
Some say he's a man who's orders in one visit can fill up a whole trunkshow.
Speed run a bespoke wardrobe.

ddohnggo

Reaction score

This makes sense and will probably be my trajectory. Good to hear that you think highly of qemal.

Re: assisi - I think you should try them. I’ve had a really good experience with them so far. The execution of my suit was really good and fit well but just a little tight (I think I gained a little weight since the fitting). I’ll likely get something from them when they’re in nyc in April.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This makes sense and will probably be my trajectory. Good to hear that you think highly of qemal.

Re: assisi - I think you should try them. I’ve had a really good experience with them so far. The execution of my suit was really good and fit well but just a little tight (I think I gained a little weight since the fitting). I’ll likely get something from them when they’re in nyc in April.
Yes I visited their workshop in Seoul last month. Was quite an ascent.
I tried on their handmade mtm jacket, was very impressed. Will most likely have them make up my grey and navy nailhead rangoon fabrics.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Yes I visited their workshop in Seoul last month. Was quite an ascent.
I tried on their handmade mtm jacket, was very impressed. Will most likely have them make up my grey and navy nailhead rangoon fabrics.
Did the MTM fit you well enough that you’re going to go for MTM with them? Or bespoke? Love their stuff.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the MTM fit you well enough that you’re going to go for MTM with them? Or bespoke? Love their stuff.
For MTM fit, all I would need is size 50 shoulders/ top half and size 48 waist and back blades. A tiny bit collar roll adjustment.

Yes the fit was very impressive, given it is handmade equal amount as their bespoke, I have no need to pay for bespoke pattern.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads