• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is one of these PML or is that something different all together? For some reason I was under the impression that PML was the made to measure wing of Pommella
As I understand it, pml is mtm. Pommella (brand) is bespoke. But Lino pommella left his namesake brand (much like Mario bemer has nothing to do with Mario bemer Firenze, & old maestro vestrucci has nothing to do with Sartoria vestrucci).

No idea who’s cutting / fitting for pommella or vestrucci these days. But I highly doubt it’s gianluca or tomasco! Haha. Does anyone know?

Last edited:

Old Red

Reaction score
It was $3-4K for a sport coat 2 or 3 years ago, I think his price can vary a bit with how busy he is (although that may have just been a pandemic thing...)
Prices are in the next bracket now. I suppose my supplying the suiting had some bearing. If the weather is good it's a pleasant drive for me to get there. And if the weather isn't good . . after forty years of driving in the Syracuse area it's not that big a problem.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prices are in the next bracket now. I suppose my supplying the suiting had some bearing. If the weather is good it's a pleasant drive for me to get there. And if the weather isn't good . . after forty years of driving in the Syracuse area it's not that big a problem.

yea, for in-person that's one thing...its a bit high for me for a virtual fitting experience. The LL herringbone coat he made for @Crispyj looks great

what fabric are you using?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG-20231029-WA0001.jpg
If anyone can confirm the fabric code, that'd be great! Supposedly it's Scottish Cheviot bunch.

Last edited:

Reiv

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Happy new year !
Quick update on my projects :

Final pair of my Hippopotamus / american cow derbies by Jan Kielman from Poland. Very confortable and I did a matching watchstrap on the same hippo leather.

af4bfaf5-1a2c-4825-8a1d-116db4d604c4.jpg

Second project is with a tailor from Catania-Scicilia (Fifth project with him) , Vittorio Palmisciano. A 6x1 suit on a nice dark aqua from Huddersfiel Blasone Super 110 - 250g ; first fitting on march.

dcc94c41-4af4-4569-ac76-495bca84059a.jpg

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score
I find it interesting that you stick to relatively moderately- priced clothing instead of bespoke. I can
understand why you like Ring jacket. Unfortunately, they were unable to fit me and dissuaded me
from going MTM- the salesman said that he was not confident that their makers would follow through with modifications successfully. Those who know me from the now dormant SF Meet-Ups in San Francisco,would probably say that I do not look like a difficult fit. On the same trip East I got a sport coat from the Andover Shop MTM that came out perfectly without a try-on. Do you actually go to Norway for Cavour?
Just curious, what was MTM at Andover Shop like? Do they allow full customization of things such as the number of vents, number of buttons, style of pockets, etc?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what was MTM at Andover Shop like? Do they allow full customization of things such as the number of vents, number of buttons, style of pockets, etc?

I believe they do. My jacket was double vent three buttons w/o darts. I got them to do a slightly
wider lapel. Most of their RTW is center vent. I omitted to ask for surgeon cuffs, but that is an
unimportant detail that I only have on a Rubinacci I got from Sartorial. Also, I probably could have been more careful choosing the fabric. I love the look of it but it is heavy tweed not necesarilly
appropriate for the San Francisco Bay Area

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A W Bill tweed obtained via CrispyJ. I'd post a photo but am having internet/apple issues.
Do you have an iPhone 15? I have noticed that the photos the iPhone takes are sometimes too big for styleforum.

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score
I believe they do. My jacket was double vent three buttons w/o darts. I got them to do a slightly
wider lapel. Most of their RTW is center vent. I omitted to ask for surgeon cuffs, but that is an
unimportant detail that I only have on a Rubinacci I got from Sartorial. Also, I probably could have been more careful choosing the fabric. I love the look of it but it is heavy tweed not necesarilly
appropriate for the San Francisco Bay Area

Nice to know. The reason I asked was that I happen to prefer double vents to a center one (I couldn't explain why, but it just looks better to me), even though a lot of classic American brands (Brooks Brothers, J Press, Andover Shop) are known for using a center vent.

In my opinion, it is cold enough in the winter to wear tweed in the Bay Area, so I hope you'll wear it as much as you can! Another problem is the extreme casualization of the California wardrobe that (sadly) limits the use of any tailored clothing...

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads