• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dawei94

Reaction score
I just had a final fitting for a Cifonelli suit that has been four years in the making (significant derailment by COVID, and my first suit with them, I’m not complaining.)

It’s a cliche, but more than any suit I’ve worn, it feels like armor. It’s also a pretty trim fit. Not tight, but trim. Not uncomfortable, but potentially, slightly restrictive. I won’t be parkouring around Paris in this. It’s the anti-drape suit. The shoulders are everything I wanted. The quarters are closed as tightly as Fort Knox, which is something I’ve realized i liked. It’s a single button jacket, which is also something I’ve realized I like. I’m looking forward to actually wearing it, or having it wear me, as it were.

Did you have the 10:30 appointment this morning? We may have crossed each other in the lobby…

dawei94

Reaction score
Yes I did. My real life and Styleforum worlds are colliding. 😁
If you happened to see the guy at the elevator in a navy overcoat (not coincidentally made by Cifonelli) when you were on your way in, that was me.

Not sure what details you chose, but I have a 3pc 1 button peak lapel and a double breasted waistcoat (which I was wearing under the overcoat) and I’d echo everything you said in terms of how it feels. Also, be prepared for lots of compliments on it even if you got a very classic design. My overcoat is about as classic and boring as it gets (6x2 double breasted navy camel hair with two flap pockets and a plain back) and it’s probably the most complimented item in my wardrobe despite the fact that I live in California where it’s too warm to wear most of the year

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Despos , I guess Kirby doesn't consider you as a US tailor!

I didn’t know Paolo was a tailor? I thought he didn’t cut. Maybe I’m wrong. Paolo appears to be a good salesman

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had a final fitting for a Cifonelli suit that has been four years in the making (significant derailment by COVID, and my first suit with them, I’m not complaining.)

It’s a cliche, but more than any suit I’ve worn, it feels like armor. It’s also a pretty trim fit. Not tight, but trim. Not uncomfortable, but potentially, slightly restrictive. I won’t be parkouring around Paris in this. It’s the anti-drape suit. The shoulders are everything I wanted. The quarters are closed as tightly as Fort Knox, which is something I’ve realized i liked. It’s a single button jacket, which is also something I’ve realized I like. I’m looking forward to actually wearing it, or having it wear me, as it were.
I have one Cifonelli suit and that’s how mine feels too accept in the legs where it feels really tight when I sit. Mine is a single button like yours with a peak lapel.

You’ll need to post pictures of you wearing it when you get it.

utsav53

Reaction score
Second fitting for my second Michael Browne suit, this time in Black wool crepe. Just commissioned his Arctic Overcoat in black cashmere as well (first fitting in January).

IMG_0243.jpeg

IMG_0241.jpeg

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second fitting for my second Michael Browne suit, this time in Black wool crepe. Just commissioned his Arctic Overcoat in black cashmere as well (first fitting in January).

View attachment 2069071

View attachment 2069069

It looks great, so sharp and precise. You have the right physique for such a perfect and unforgiving cut. I would only widen the trousers.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads