• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
Rusell Check (19oz Alsport) awaiting collection in a few weeks (I live in a different country to the tailor). This project was started last spring, so I'm looking forward to wearing it during winter! It's been cut slightly looser so I can fit a medium-weight knit and use it as outerwear. My loudest jacket up to now. Most have been plain, herringbones, houndstooth or soft window panes.

Attachments

• Russell.jpg
    Russell.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rusell Check (19oz Alsport) awaiting collection in a few weeks (I live in a different country to the tailor). This project was started last spring, so I'm looking forward to wearing it during winter! It's been cut slightly looser so I can fit a medium-weight knit and use it as outerwear. My loudest jacket up to now. Most have been plain, herringbones houndstooth or soft window panes.

Beautiful, the Russell Check is probably my favourite tweed.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rusell Check (19oz Alsport) awaiting collection in a few weeks (I live in a different country to the tailor). This project was started last spring, so I'm looking forward to wearing it during winter! It's been cut slightly looser so I can fit a medium-weight knit and use it as outerwear. My loudest jacket up to now. Most have been plain, herringbones houndstooth or soft window panes.
Looks great! I have the more brown, P&H Hartwist iteration and love it!

B9BDFC28-9237-4799-B228-D322BB858BC3.jpeg

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
Looks great! I have the more brown, P&H Hartwist iteration and love it!

View attachment 2047081
Beautiful and looks great with denim as I thought. Yours is probably slightly more versatile as the darker brown makes it easier to wear in the evening if you want. What do you think of Hartwist in general? They have some nice patterns but I don't have anything made from that book (or anything from P&H for that matter).

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful and looks great with denim as I thought. Yours is probably slightly more versatile as the darker brown makes it easier to wear in the evening if you want. What do you think of Hartwist in general? They have some nice patterns but I don't have anything made from that book (or anything from P&H for that matter).
You know, I did choose the Hartwist because of the more tobacco-ish color, which I assumed would be more versatile, but I really like the more traditional, pale version too (and I think it is just as versatile. In fact, there is a bit of an aggressive gold-ish hue to the Hartwist Russell that makes it slightly more bold?)

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I especially love the P&H glenroyal bunch!

CLH03

Reaction score
Rusell Check (19oz Alsport) awaiting collection in a few weeks (I live in a different country to the tailor). This project was started last spring, so I'm looking forward to wearing it during winter! It's been cut slightly looser so I can fit a medium-weight knit and use it as outerwear. My loudest jacket up to now. Most have been plain, herringbones, houndstooth or soft window panes.
Looks good! Never been a huge fan of the Rusell check, but that color palette actually looks really nice.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be clear I meant the comment was nasty not the work. I really wish I hadn't said anything now. Nobody should get upset though, that Mafoofan thread back in the day used to upset me, I can't say how many clients I potentially lost from that interaction but I do know how many I gained from it over the years and its certainly hundreds. It must be coming up to its 15th year that thread, I think we should do a style forum/Netflix doc on that and interview all the parties involved. Its time.

What foo thread is that?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Commissioned a navy blue blazer from Steed, single-breasted. I went for gilt buttons because why the hell not. The fabric was a bunch that Matt likes and has used for his travel suit, I think it was "Yorkshire Textiles" or "Yorkshire Fabrics" or something like that. If it's robust enough to withstand years of being worn and hauled around on trunk shows, it's robust enough for me. Dark navy hopsack, 11-12 oz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads