• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Ronaldo!!!
If football really offended Brazilians, we would have razed Argentina to the ground many years ago. Granted, that would most likely have been preferable to having Milei leading the polls, but we would not have known that as we marched through Bs As crushing our enemies, seeing them driven before us, and hearing the lamentations of their women.

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’ve clearly never dated a Brazilian woman!

As for my opinion, it’s the consensus on the board pertaining to your (mis)fits. Even a bespoke tailor publicly mentioned it. It’s rare for a bespoke tailor to publicly call out a terrible fit. But you managed to do the unthinkable.

You’re the exact type of person my quote is aimed toward, and I told you gently you might want to consider another tailor. Then everyone agreed with me. The more you post. The more people tell you they’re an abomination, but like I said, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

So if it stokes your ego and makes you feel better. Your fits are perfect, no need to change anything. In fact, so perfect none of us need to see it because you know what you’re doing
Abomination is silly. Nobody is saying that. I'm no fan, but there's a rather wide chasm between dogshit and needs improvement.

In any event, can we just stop with this rodeo? Every so often it's the same discussion. no need to relitigate it over and over. End of the day, if the wearer likes what he's wearing, he probably isn't going to change up on his stance the 7th time hearing the same critiques.
Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Ronaldo!!!
Not in the looks department, obvi.
1681734952363_2e37603b-e46f-4cf0-ab2d-cca1a383bf67.jpg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Abomination is silly. Nobody is saying that. I'm no fan, but there's a rather wide chasm between dogshit and needs improvement.

In any event, can we just stop with this rodeo? Every so often it's the same discussion. no need to relitigate it over and over. End of the day, if the wearer likes what he's wearing, he probably isn't going to change up on his stance the 7th time hearing the same critiques.

Not in the looks department, obvi.
1681734952363_2e37603b-e46f-4cf0-ab2d-cca1a383bf67.jpg
i wasn’t going to say anything when he posted his misfits. But then everyone, including a bespoke tailor said something. I simply noted I had previously told him it. We all mean it in a way that will help him. But constructive criticism isn’t his cup of tea. Hence my comment about leading a horse to water.

His previous comments about how his “tailor” (if you can call it that - I think “swindler” is a more appropriate term) is better than all Italian and japanese tailors also don’t help his cause.

Like I said. “[His] fits are perfect, no need to change anything. In fact, so perfect none of us need to see it because you know what you’re doing”

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good thing it’s trunk show season & we can get back to the regularly scheduled programming of bespoke clothing

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be clear: you are a vile human being. Your response to somebody saying they are ignoring you is to try to offend the person until they respond. Even worse, you drag other people into your arguments, because you don't have the substance to make coherent arguments. It seems you can't help yourself being nasty. I grew up near the favelas and learned how to stand my ground against that type of people. Hopefully, we never get to interact again, but please be aware I will always call you on your BS.

You are also a liar, as I never said any of those things. But that is beside the point. I would not expect anything less.
Good thing it’s trunk show season & we can get back to the regularly scheduled programming of bespoke clothing

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be clear: you are a vile human being. Your response to somebody saying they are ignoring you is to try to offend the person until they respond. Even worse, you drag other people into your arguments, because you don't have the substance to make coherent arguments. It seems you can't help yourself being nasty. I grew up near the favelas and learned how to stand my ground against that type of people. Hopefully, we never get to interact again, but please be aware I will always call you on your BS.

You are also a liar, as I never said any of those things. But that is beside the point. I would not expect anything less.
Just use the block function so you don't have to see his post.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That’s a lot of anger you have pent up.

Yes you did, you talked for ages about how great this mystery tailor in China was and how everyone who goes to Europe and Japan is overpaying. Look above, everyone who thinks it’s a mess is just a conservative dresser.

Can't do. Gotta funnel all my money to the tailor so he can deliver suits to disappoint the conservative business dress crowd...

Look up mate, everyone else was trying to tell you this is a mess. Then you blame me! Talk about incoherent. And if you’re this mad over your bad fits, get a new tailor, but more importantly you need to see a therapist. All of these good folks mentioned it before I said anything.

That is nasty! Its almost good, needs a bit more attention or a good alteration tailor.
Don't want to be nasty but your tailoring is problematic as the wokes would say.

You’ve posted enough pics over the years, but I’ll give you an E for good Effort and T for nice Try.

Not my style and taste, but have to admire the accuracy of the execution. Certainly a statement outfit.
Then you're problematic 😆.
I don't mind your stylistic choices, some of which I prefer to the conservative suits posted here. Your suits have an interesting art decoish flair and wouldn't be out of place in a Flash Gordon set (in Ming's court). However, there is a tendency for the jackets to be bottom heavy both because they are full of unusual visual details such as odd pocket shapes, placement and slant but perhaps also because of the cut that emphasizes the belly instead of the shoulder area. I mean, just look at the this jacket
norfolk0-jpg.2044363

Those large pockets sit right on your hips and both the vertical and horizontal straps of cloth look like barrel hoops and staves (I did have to google that) giving you the look of some undefined era Diogenes.

However, it could be that your stance is not helping the impression. Based on the internally rotated arms I would guess you have rounded shoulders that you pull back when posing for photos which can make the shoulders appear narrower and hips wider so try taking pictures without that Madame Tussauds vibe.

tldr I like some of your suits, probably because they're different.

I'll just talk about the linen suit (your James Bond vilain jacket is from another universe), which is fairly representative of the recurring stylistic errors in your suits: buttoning point way too high, odd positioning of your super curved patch pockets and super-high lapels that spill over the back. It breaks the balance of the jacket. The balance of the pants, on the other hand, looks good. A three-piece in linen seems like an odd idea to me, but that's artistic license, so okay.

No offense.

I know you’re upset about how bad your suits look, but taking that anger out in me isn’t the answer. Take it out on the guy who actually swindled you. I assume, if you post on this thread you want honest feedback.

Now, can we get back to bespoke tailoring?

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kindergarten-cop-comedy.gif

@jonathanS as mentioned yesterday, abomination is a laughable characterization, as evidenced by your own crack research above. Don't play the dispassionate messenger if you can't even deliver the message accurately. You clearly think B's suits suck (which, fine...I think the norfolk inspired one is dreadful), and continuing to harp on it after multiple interactions that yielded the exact same outcome is a complete waste of time and sniping for the sake of sniping.

So, if, as claimed, you'd seriously prefer (insert eye roll from moi) to get back to to discussing our fancy pants, perhaps take some advice from our favorite kindergarten teacher.

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kindergarten-cop-comedy.gif

@jonathanS as mentioned yesterday, abomination is a laughable characterization, as evidenced by your own crack research above. Don't play the dispassionate messenger if you can't even deliver the message accurately. You clearly think B's suits suck (which, fine...I think the norfolk inspired one is dreadful), and continuing to harp on it after multiple interactions that yielded the exact same outcome is a complete waste of time and sniping for the sake of sniping.

So, if, as claimed, you'd seriously prefer (insert eye roll from moi) to get back to to discussing our fancy pants, perhaps take some advice from our favorite kindergarten teacher.
I just responded to Someone attacking me, I even brought up a new topic which no one wanted to talk about. Carry on.

As for the rest, I won’t bother replying because then you’ll say I keep talking about it.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A little bit out dated but thoughts on this?
I made some inquiries for more updated pricing given that this article was written almost 10 years ago. From what I’ve heard, in London, the landed cost of bespoke is closer to 2500£ these days.

Obviously that doesn’t include London rent & cutter, trunk show traveling etc.

As mentioned in the article, cost of rtw is generally round 13-20% of retail (assuming that’s the same). I was having a discussion about this & someone mentioned that j crew pants landed was $9.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a lot of anger you have pent up.

Yes you did, you talked for ages about how great this mystery tailor in China was and how everyone who goes to Europe and Japan is overpaying. Look above, everyone who thinks it’s a mess is just a conservative dresser.

Look up mate, everyone else was trying to tell you this is a mess. Then you blame me! Talk about incoherent. And if you’re this mad over your bad fits, get a new tailor, but more importantly you need to see a therapist. All of these good folks mentioned it before I said anything.

I know you’re upset about how bad your suits look, but taking that anger out in me isn’t the answer. Take it out on the guy who actually swindled you. I assume, if you post on this thread you want honest feedback.

Now, can we get back to bespoke tailoring?
To be clear I meant the comment was nasty not the work. I really wish I hadn't said anything now. Nobody should get upset though, that Mafoofan thread back in the day used to upset me, I can't say how many clients I potentially lost from that interaction but I do know how many I gained from it over the years and its certainly hundreds. It must be coming up to its 15th year that thread, I think we should do a style forum/Netflix doc on that and interview all the parties involved. Its time.

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be clear I meant the comment was nasty not the work. I really wish I hadn't said anything now. Nobody should get upset though, that Mafoofan thread back in the day used to upset me, I can't say how many clients I potentially lost from that interaction but I do know how many I gained from it over the years and its certainly hundreds. It must be coming up to its 15th year that thread, I think we should do a style forum/Netflix doc on that and interview all the parties involved. Its time.
Yeah, no

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads