• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@xizenta it’s the 6ply db blazer from ring jacket. Same jacket as the first picture just in a different person. I was honestly too lazy to search for more pictures

utsav53

Reaction score
Picked up my suit from Michael Browne's workshop yesterday. Couldn't be happier with the final product.

IMG_8711.jpeg

IMG_8710.jpeg

KWang94

Reaction score
Picked up my suit from Michael Browne's workshop yesterday. Couldn't be happier with the final product.

View attachment 1978405
View attachment 1978407
This looks really freaking nice. Out of curiosity, do you find that this is comfortable to wear? To my eye, it looks so sculpted that I would feel like I'd be pulling at myself every 5 minutes. But it could just be that Michael is also an absolute genius.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

utsav53

Reaction score
This looks really freaking nice. Out of curiosity, do you find that this is comfortable to wear? To my eye, it looks so sculpted that I would feel like I'd be pulling at myself every 5 minutes. But it could just be that Michael is also an absolute genius.
It is so comfortable to wear. I wore it all day yesterday and for the most part I barely noticed that I was wearing a suit- mobility is definitely not an issue with this one. The fabric is a mock leno which has a lot of stretch so I'm sure that helps.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
It is so comfortable to wear. I wore it all day yesterday and for the most part I barely noticed that I was wearing a suit- mobility is definitely not an issue with this one. The fabric is a mock leno which has a lot of stretch so I'm sure that helps.

Michael Browne is an amazing tailor with a house style very comparable to Joe Morgan. I would look like a total a**h0le wearing anything cut like this, but I do admire the craftsmanship and strong house style.

sensuki

Reaction score
Thinking of try Assisi in Singapore.. is mtm worth a shot?

I had MTM trousers made by them through TFC in Australia and the cut is really nice - I'd re-order on that pattern for sure. There was no fitting, it was try on the stock pattern and they adjusted based on that, but they nailed it. Their master tailor did the measuring and pinning at the trunk show. I had to request a wider leg opening than the stock pattern as they didn't ask me any questions about the width of the leg. The price was also less than I was expecting, so I found it really good value.

There was a mixup with the fabric. Their supplier for Dugdale has different fabric codes for the fabric than the Dugdale website at least for the Invincible bunch so the trousers are being remade, fabric ordered from the website this time via TFC. The ones I received were in a different fabric code for the same bunch - remake at no charge of course, and I got to keep the pair in the wrong fabric at no charge either.

They also fitted me (at the initial order) for my TFC Bespoke jacket, although I'm not sure if they are actually making it - either way I had the second fitting recently and it looks absolutely outstanding, fully confident in the final result.

From what I've heard the Assisi MTM jacket program is very good - they cut for you on the day and you do a fitting at the trunk show from memory. Worth enquiring about.

Last edited:

induere_to

Reaction score
We’re currently finishing up a Drapers Ascot 4-ply at the studio:

4F248612-3E9B-4B03-8FE1-E2958F992522.jpeg

61FC7120-EB4A-4433-BC50-15B537C7B2B6.jpeg

6C6929A7-EDAE-4811-842B-D237E5F96573.jpeg

5926BB67-1FE6-45F7-AA3B-381592D6B87F.jpeg

Although we’re making this one up as a suit, I do sometimes recommend 4-ply frescos as separate jackets often comparing it to a hopsack. But as always, it depends on pattern, colour and trajectory envisioned. This one is slightly brighter than a classic navy, and if I were to put gold buttons on it, would make for a great blazer.

-----

Also, P.S. From what I understand, Joe Morgan actually adapted some of Michael Browne's techniques which he had developed from his interest in women's haute couture... which is a fun irony to absorb considering their relationship.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads