• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In fairness, neither Portland nor Seattle are THAT cold. That are exceedingly grey shitpiles, admittedly, but tolerable temps.
They wouldn't be if Greg Abbott was Governor.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do I get more tailors to come to DC for trunk shows? I'm done traveling to NYC!!!!
I, personally, have been enjoying traveling to Italy. I don't like traveling to NY, though.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, personally, have been enjoying traveling to Italy. I don't like traveling to NY, though.
I'm not traveling abroad to order clothes. Those tailors from Naples make nice stuff but there were a lot of mistakes that made me frequently follow up with them to get it fixed. I like Italy but don't want to make it a frequent travel spot when there are other places across the globe to check out.

Also, Cadaques (Spain) > Italy.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is why I like Cifonelli but don't really want to order from them again or start a commission with CdL. I don't want to have to time my trips to NYC to coincide with a tailor's trunk show.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The garden opportunities in Seattle would almost be worth if it weren't one of the worst dressed places on the planet.
Can't forget the smell, and armpit hair where none should exist.

In fairness, Portland the more egregious transgressor on both fronts, by far.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
414807C8-B7FB-4E81-AEE3-40B3F923B0EF.jpeg

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you prefer cotton twill over wool for trousers? What’s the weight of the cloth?

For informal use cotton is a good alternative to wool. Though cotton doesn’t keep the crease that well it looks good in colours where wool doesn’t. It’s around 550g, very heavy and soft to the touch.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having had my first (4) bespoke jackets and suits made, and having done MTM shirts for a while, I am getting increasingly dissatisfied with my RTW Lobb City IIs as my staple black and brown captoe oxfords. Unfortunately having flat feet that required orthotics well before long term memory developed for me is an impediment to having beautiful bespoke shoes made. I think ultimately bespoke shirts are next on my list of forays but having walked over 6 miles on vacation today in my City IIs instead of my Galways, I think shoes are quickly moving up the list of importance

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having had my first (4) bespoke jackets and suits made, and having done MTM shirts for a while, I am getting increasingly dissatisfied with my RTW Lobb City IIs as my staple black and brown captoe oxfords. Unfortunately having flat feet that required orthotics well before long term memory developed for me is an impediment to having beautiful bespoke shoes made. I think ultimately bespoke shirts are next on my list of forays but having walked over 6 miles on vacation today in my City IIs instead of my Galways, I think shoes are quickly moving up the list of importance
Have you tried Alden shoes? They aren’t sleek but offer more comfort.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Alden shoes? They aren’t sleek but offer more comfort.
I have, I have a couple pairs of cordovan LWBs and some cordovan Naval boots. I noticed some heel slippage on my City IIs which is odd because I’ve had them for years and don’t recall any issues with fit in the past so maybe it was just today. I think form and function are important to me (the vast majority of my job is sitting with minimal walking so this weekend is an anomaly relative to my usual use case) but I still think eventually at least a pair of black and brown oxfords may be in my bespoke future

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads