• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting analogy, and I like it. Although, not to put too fine a point on it, in line with your analogy, is there not something a bit Frank Lloyd Wright about the peak lapels too? They're, like, cantilevered.
Yup... they are very hard to get right

dresden

Reaction score
These pics popped up as a memory on my phone. From last year in Padova. Was very happy with the suit. Lapels are a little wide but I like it. Holland and Sherry summer grey, 270-280 g. The blazer is a couple cm shorter than the suit. They were made at the same time, had the same amount of fittings but ended up shorter. I like the length of the suit jacket better. He asked what kind of buttons I wanted for the blazer. Told him for summer I would like silver metal. He looked at me funny. I thought he didn’t like the idea. He had already told me the color of trousers I chose was too light, that I could not possibly wear them at night! He had a lot of rules and opinions. I know that annoys a lot of people but I enjoy it. I learn a lot from it and also don’t mind listening then just getting what I want. He ran upstairs and looked through a
65160005-D37F-492A-B7C2-408BC94CADE8.jpeg
640C7317-C543-4A1A-ABFB-86B04C40F132.jpeg
drawer for a while. Came down with a box of buttons. Digging through he found four large buttons and seven sleeve buttons. He said he had these left from the “Prince of Padova” years ago. Said the man was long dead but he had these specially made years ago. Tailors granddaughter, who was translating, said I’m lucky she didn’t know about them because she would have taken them long ago. Might be BS but it was a good story. This tailor creases the sleeves like Prince Charles. Never seen that in person. His (and his brother, who makes the pants) jackets had the arms creased also.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
whoops, wrong thread(even though I was wearing some old bespoke projects) :lol:

Last edited:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Is this the lapel shape you like? Did you show this picture to your tailor?
Reason to bring this up, have seen a lot of Pomeroy suits and you say this is the same maker. Suits I have seen are very “stylized” and have lapels with unique lines and proportions. Would be clear to communicate your likes and expectations as a precaution if you haven’t done so.

jiredell

Reaction score
^ Is this the lapel shape you like? Did you show this picture to your tailor?
Reason to bring this up, have seen a lot of Pomeroy suits and you say this is the same maker. Suits I have seen are very “stylized” and have lapels with unique lines and proportions. Would be clear to communicate your likes and expectations as a precaution if you haven’t done so.
I have indeed discussed this with him, and yes he has this picture. And while he makes Pomeroy’s suits, he does not style those. His own house style is much more conservative.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No no! I am happy with my tailor, but if I could I would commission with GA!! The photo of him above is for reference, for the style of the jacket that I like.
Oh okay. I was a little confused for a moment but that makes more sense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads