• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Shoes: Florsheim

Those look like a better version of the Derby shoes being put out by Comey and APC unless, of course, this picture is wildly inaccurate. I like them, are they vintage? I've never looked at Florsheim before but those are not on their current website.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Figured that would be the response. I doubt it's as hilarious to most people on here as some of your goth clown steez pics, though.

Pics or it never happened.

pinoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I think the shoes are terrible, they look like hospital slippers. Love the coat though.

heh, perhaps from the photo the repettos looks like hospital slippers but in real life they don't! beautiful white lamb leather. here's a pic:

zizi-de-repetto.jpg

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
It looks okay, I think the silhouette just looks a little funny from that angle and distance. Hm. After looking at it again, I think it might be something with the stacking and the way those pants are falling...something either more trim or more loose might work better. Not completely sure, I guess what I'm saying is, I want to like it, and knowing those pieces and the way you put them together, I feel like I should, but it just doesn't grab me when I look at it. Again, I don't really know.

interesting analysis, andrewryanwallace. the camera was positioned right around my waist level (coz i don't have a tripod) and perhaps that's why the angle is off.

hmmm... i'm ambivalent on the stackingof the jeans. there are pros and cons to the stacking. stacking results in added weight and heft to the bottom of the silhouette, which balances out the bulkiness of the bless hoodcoat. On the other hand, wearing say trousers with a slight break would result in a cleaner, more streamlined silhouette. i don't think there is a right or wrong way- just two different approaches. anyways enough with the analysis.. lets see more fits from others!!

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
haha so you're implying my fit looks bad?
shog[1].gif
i'd like to know your inputs (or anyone else's really) on how the fit could be improved. personally i think it looks fine but i could be biased
laugh.gif

The fits has a lot of nice pieces in it but has a bit more potential out of it. I dig the coat, but the way you've worn the hoodcoat with the lapels thrown way out across the shoulder line. Then add in the 2nd shirt button undone, it somewhat looks like you head is popping out of some layers of a vag... I think you're fine leaving the shirt as is, then fastening up the lapels a few inches further instead of forcing them out so far. This should also make the hood be a bit more rounded in the back and not be put so flat across the back. This should give a bit better proportionality to the coat. OR if you want another idea, button the shirt a button, leave the fastening point where it is and then push the upper lapels in a bit. Ideally add a light scarf around the neck. Last minor nitpicks are the sleeves of a coat are likely a hair short, as a coat functionally is meant to protect the clothes underneath, and not expose them to the elements. On contrast a jacket however showing cuff goes because well, it's based in tradition? Maybe you'd have enough material to let the coat sleeve out out ~1/4 - 1/2 around the top of the palms. I don't think the shoes fit it because the repetto soles are thin and edges are clipped all around. This causes the shoes to lack any heft to help balance the weight up top. Their white color contrast highlights this aspect. I can see white repettos working with a lighter, short jacket and those jeans however.
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Crazy day/week, so sorry for the quick pic. Also, camera batteries died, so I couldn't take a pic of the shoes. Anyway, they are really dark brown, almost black MJ derbies with a rounded toe. http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...c/DSC03460.jpg
Like the saturated tone of the shirt against the jacket.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
tried to make a slim fit look this time.
biggrin.gif
imag0330.jpg
also, i wore it with a brown pair of lace ups close to the color of the belt.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
IGF - that is really good color, fit and style on a shot callin collect callin budget.

Noobs take note.

IGF-1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^Very well done for relatively little money.

thanks, that's the idea...living the grad school life

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Someone (mack11211?) always claimed that stacy adams used to sell a nice gray shoe. Looks good.

the leather's mediocre, it had a high sheen that required several coats of cream polish to soften, but i wanted a pair of gray boots they're worth the $70 i paid for them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, everyone listen up. No debating on the WAYWT thread anymore. If people feel the need to spar, start a (non-pinned) "Critique of WAYWT" thread. I don't mind a couple of comments, the signal to noise ratio is just getting too low. After, say 2 comments per fit, regardless of what the comments are, I am just going to delete all following non-fit posts until the next fit, and so on. Everyone got that? Thanks,

Fok.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Here is a fit pic.
BR tneck, Diesel pullover, GStar camo shorts, Dsquared sneaks

- trying to understand why you nearly always stand on your toes to accentuate you calfs with your rear angle shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads