• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Like honestly if you mod a forum and no one hates you and you aren't receiving any long winded poorly worded death threat emails from banned members you aren't really modding enough.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CS- no, I rarely ever leave superdenim, which I think is probably the most accurate comparison to SW&D.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
Like honestly if you mod a forum and no one hates you and you aren't receiving any long winded poorly worded death threat emails from banned members you aren't really modding enough.

Either that or the kind of people who make long winded poorly worded death threat emails just don't find this place interesting so we don't have a significant population of them.

This place doesn't need heavy moderation. LA Guy does the affiliate thing, we lock threads, move threads, kill spammers, ban the occasional troll, but **** doesn't get out of hand like it has in supertrash.

Brigden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
most of this threak is an abomination. honestly, I feel bad for the purveyors of SF because if they told someone they ran a styleforum and someone came in here via organic search, they would laugh til it hurt. needs. more. moderation.
Give me a break, man. You are participating on an open Internet forum where obsessive compulsive kids pose for their webcams desperately seeking validation and then expend innumerable hours arguing about the provenance of jeans. ******* jeans! Heaven forbid a new member should post something outside the so-called SF-approved aesthetic! Not everyone wants to look like Frankenstein in a designer suit or a homosexual lumberjack, you know. Get. Over. Yourself.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Don't think I've posted these yet. From a couple of weeks ago:
img1052.jpg
r&b BoO Kill City JP
img1051c.jpg
EG THECAST Chip&Pepper Vans

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brigden
Give me a break, man.

You are participating on an open Internet forum where obsessive compulsive kids pose for their webcams desperately seeking validation and then expend innumerable hours arguing about the provenance of jeans. ******* jeans!

Heaven forbid a new member should post something outside the so-called SF-approved aesthetic! Not everyone wants to look like Frankenstein in a designer suit or a homosexual lumberjack, you know.

Get. Over. Yourself.

hahaha

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey ****-wit, i wear almost nothing that is sf-approved and i could care a **** about jeans. you're like exhibit a for my hypothesis.

Originally Posted by Brigden
Give me a break, man.

You are participating on an open Internet forum where obsessive compulsive kids pose for their webcams desperately seeking validation and then expend innumerable hours arguing about the provenance of jeans. ******* jeans!

Heaven forbid a new member should post something outside the so-called SF-approved aesthetic! Not everyone wants to look like Frankenstein in a designer suit or a homosexual lumberjack, you know.

Get. Over. Yourself.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zissou and warlock - cool fits. i like the nau shirtjacket too, looks high tec but not over the top.

Impolyt and Nil - I would love to hem the jeans already but I'm holding off until the first soak. Whats wrong with the undertuck? I'm not a huge fan of stacking, either.

Hummingbird

Reaction score
JonHecht, that is just awful. My god man. Sit back and lurk moar, and for the love of god, don't buy anything else until you have crystallized some sense of how your clothes should look. The untucked shirt and tie combo were just not good. You're trying too hard.
:edited because it was a bit mean, and I mean Hecht no ill will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads