1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

North Marine Drive (sorry ToruOkada, I'm the one that beat you to it [​IMG] )
    Acne
    Red Wing

serious question jon: do you feel happy and confident in the clothes you wear
    +1

2. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

November is MoVEMBER! See last line

Temp
    18c - 22c & showers
    Days Agenda
    Wednesday 4th Nov 2009, 0600 BackFatCamp, meetings, wabbit food lunch, then dinner with friend..

First things FIRST - 30 secs from RAIN & I had no time to change settings on camera..
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 4.. & not looking good
    [​IMG]

To sponsor my Mo for a GOOD CAUSE:
    Click this link http://au.movember.com/mospace/269560/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account ​

3. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand the question.

Edit: To explain why I wear what I wear: I like the aesthetic, so I wear it. I think it looks pretty, so I wear it. I don't really think there's any other reason someone actually does something aside from the fact that he likes it. Perhaps what I like doesn't coincide with what you like, but I do genuinely take enjoyment out of it.

I'm not trying to pick at you here. I'm genuinely trying to understand. If you're already happy with what you're wearing, it's a waste of everyone's time to give you criticism because you won't change if you're not interested in changing.

4. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NOW it looks like whodini's living room.

It's my avatar! Nicely played.

5. guitarpkr76

guitarpkr76 Well-Known Member

Don't wear those shoes with anything even similar to that fit.
    The colours are pretty pastel and unsaturated, I'm not a big fan of the way that all goes together colour wise.
    Cardi isn't great. Might look better open.
    I would not tuck the polo. Really, I wouldn't tuck any polo.
    Giant belt buckle must die.
    Fit on pants / polo seems fine.

What he said.

6. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

It's my avatar! Nicely played.
    What the hell is it?

7. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

Don't wear those shoes with anything even similar to that fit.
    The colours are pretty pastel and unsaturated, I'm not a big fan of the way that all goes together colour wise.
    Cardi isn't great. Might look better open.
    I would not tuck the polo. Really, I wouldn't tuck any polo.
    Giant belt buckle must die.
    Fit on pants / polo seems fine.

With the shoes, would you recommend skinnier jeans? or just don't like the shoes?
    yeah i wasn't too sure about the colours either. The jeans are actually are darker brown IRL. They appear sort of reddish in the photo. Still, the colours don't really work that well.

Yeah, i'm especially uncertain about the cardigan. The colour is just too old man.

I'm gonna agree to disagree on the tucking in of the polo and the belt buckle. It really isn't all that huge. As for the tucking in, i dunno, i just like it better that way. Hmmm, when i think about it it does run the risk of looking like i'm meant to be on the golf course, or worse, Johnny Drama from entourage. I dunno, i still like it tucked in.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

1. With the shoes, would you recommend skinnier jeans? or just don't like the shoes?

2. Yeah, i'm especially uncertain about the cardigan. The colour is just too old man.

3. I'm gonna agree to disagree on the tucking in of the polo and the belt buckle. It really isn't all that huge. As for the tucking in, i dunno, i just like it better that way. Hmmm, when i think about it it does run the risk of looking like i'm meant to be on the golf course, or worse, Johnny Drama from entourage. I dunno, i still like it tucked in.

1. I don't like the shoes really but yes they would look better with a slim pair of jeans.
    2. Colour and texture. It's got this weird half-cable-knit-also-1/4-ribbed thing that just looks weird.
    3. You can disagree with whatever, but I have the almighty weight of the styleforum consensus on my side and you are doomed to failure if you attempt to stand in its path. And if I even notice your belt buckle, it needs to not be around anymore.

9. barims

barims Well-Known Member

...in pdx this week...

[​IMG]

Well played

That said, JD is on point regarding the footwear. A Chelsea-styled boot would have taken care of business

10. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

Well played

That said, JD is on point regarding the footwear. A Chelsea-styled boot would have taken care of business

Sure. But I don't own a chelsea. I like them but, with my high arch, have never found a comfortable fit. Perhaps bespoke at some point.

I have a simpler brown captoe I wear with this but the monks are my airport shoes and this was just off the plane.

Fair enough.

11. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

I really like that jacket, regret not picking it up when I saw it on sale awhile ago

12. bach

bach Well-Known Member

Tried to get better lighting today but the photo is still relatively grainy. [​IMG]

13. snake

snake Well-Known Member

A little wet out
    [​IMG]
    RL
    KZO
    J crew
    Rachel Comey

14. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

^ You look fine, but is it really worth posting on a fashion site? No offense, I feel that way about half the pictures posted on here. Also, I think I get the point ofJonHecht's WAYWT posts. If you're on the east coast I'll help you cut out the middleman and PM you some good S&M clubs.

15. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

1. I don't like the shoes really but yes they would look better with a slim pair of jeans.
    2. Colour and texture. It's got this weird half-cable-knit-also-1/4-ribbed thing that just looks weird.
    3. You can disagree with whatever, but I have the almighty weight of the styleforum consensus on my side and you are doomed to failure if you attempt to stand in its path. And if I even notice your belt buckle, it needs to not be around anymore.

Cool. I bow to your almighty weight. Here's an attempt at correction:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My other cardigan. Not sure if the charcoal colour really goes with the brown jeans. May have to sub out the cardigan for a gray hoody i have, or just lose the jeans and start over.

subbed out the belt, untucked the polo.

My other pair of clydes. The alternative was a navy pair of low chucks. I think the chucks would be too slim to wear with these jeans. I suppose some badass boots would be the best choice, but i don't have any. Don't worry, they're on the list...

Better? Could be improved? Start over?

16. snake

snake Well-Known Member

^ You look fine, but is it really worth posting on a fashion site?

Yes, and I'll be more than happy to take my pic down if it really bothers you that much.
    [​IMG]

17. dzynr78

dzynr78 Well-Known Member

^SO much better! some boots or boat shoes would look great with that outfit but the chucks would be alot better than the clydes.

18. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

I don't care for any of the individual pieces or how they go together. Something looks washed out in the photo, which doesn't help. The cardi might work if paired with other clothing.

19. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

the issue is that brown orange color of the jeans dates them badly

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

It is an improvement though. The cardi pulls oddly again and is probably better open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.