• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by illd
er...anyone know if these are real? the tag is ripped off but iono... thanks for all the help

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-155-A-P-C-apc...item53dbf55156

mack11211 is a forum member. Ask him. I'm betting genuine.

Originally Posted by hchc
I have a question, those dress shirts with the extra button about mid bicep level to hold on to your sleeve when you roll them up, is there a specific name for these type of dress shirts? Thanks in advance.

I usually see these referred to as "roll-up shirts" or "roll-up sleeve shirts", whether or not they are safari- or work-styled.

msza

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
10-sleeves-0308.jpg

Where do you fall on this spectrum. This image is obviously biased towards the middle picture, though from my observations it seems that the length in the third pic is most common. I'm usually closer to #2. And does it vary based on personal/professional setting. I'm also sporting #2 at work, usually.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the 3rd pic for shirts. Makes shirts more casual. I do #2 out of utility, when its hot.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably between a 2 and 3. I hate having the roll on my elbow, way uncomfortable.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying some Uniqlo sweaters as beaters. Size S or XS for a 36" chest?

lt_to

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good tailor in Toronto that can slim down a peacoat? Thanks!

PattyC

Reaction score
I'm looking for a funnel neck cardigan like this one, but in black. Anyone know where to get one?

fred-perry-navy-funnel-neck-merino-9646-4450.jpg

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: My little brother is old enough that he doesn't want to be dressed by our mother any more, and he wants some non sports trainers, something like Converse.
The only catch is he has very broad feet so I am looking something similar but wider fitting, or can you get wide fitted converse?
So wide fitting, similar style to converse, nothing expensive or rare, he is only a kid and they won't get treated well. Got to be available in the UK.
Any help or suggestions much appreciated.
If I don't get any help I will start a special flower thread, just warning you all.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Check out the Jack Purcell by Converse line. They are bit wider and the prices are reasonable.

TwentySomthing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hchc
I have a question, those dress shirts with the extra button about mid bicep level to hold on to your sleeve when you roll them up, is there a specific name for these type of dress shirts? Thanks in advance.

A little off this topic but still somewhat relevant. What are the bands that go around the sleeves of a long sleeved shirt to hold them up called? You see sometimes pictures of old bartenders wearing them while working.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to see Cirque du Soleil next week - how should my girlfriend and I dress? I don't want us to be horribly over/under dressed, and she doesn't know what we're going to so I just told her to wear a dress. Yea/nay?

entropy kid

Reaction score
Looking for an online shop that sells Filson Italy (black label) stuff. There's plenty of them on Rakuten but they only sell sizes suited for japanese guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads