• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pokey07

Reaction score
Ok I decided to take my peacoat back because I just didn't like the fit all around. I'm looking for something slim/cropped. Any recommendations? I've been looking all over, and I've only really found 1 by juicy couture (too expensive). I should add that I'm looking for something relatively cheap (sub-150?).

Thanks!

tyates

Reaction score
Does this coat need to be tailored?

DSC08003.jpg

DSC08004.jpg

Calden

Reaction score
I have a couple shirts with box pleats, is it an easy fix for a tailor to remove them so there are no pleats on the back of the shirts, or would it be too hard / expensive?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
I'm trying to track down a specific peacoat.
First off, it's not a peacoat. From the picture the pockets make it look like a wool M65. You could try searching around for that.
Originally Posted by noorotic
So I'm looking to purchase a plain black blazer/sports coat...I was checking out a few but I'm trying to pay $200 tops for it...
Anybody know anything about this brand? Good quality? What's a good blazer for that price range? Thanks.

Not worth retail. Your best bet would be to try to find something on ebay around that price, say Paul Smith. Otherwise you could try looking around to see what our affiliates offer at 20-30% discount. If you still just want anything under $200 then just get that or something from Urban around that price; if it fits you the way you want it to then you can justify overpaying.
Originally Posted by Calden
I have a couple shirts with box pleats, is it an easy fix for a tailor to remove them so there are no pleats on the back of the shirts, or would it be too hard / expensive?
Why not just run by a tailor and ask yourself? It sounds like a pretty tall order IMHO.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tyates
Which part, length, arm length?
In all honesty it looks a size too big. You could shorten the sleeves an inch or so but the body still looks pretty boxy and I don't like how far down the sleeve is hitting your shoulder. All of these little details point to my first sentence.

tyates

Reaction score
I've lost some weight since I bought the coat. I can take a few inches off the length and at the arms but there is nothing I can do about the shoulder seam.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tyates
I've lost some weight since I bought the coat. I can take a few inches off the length and at the arms but there is nothing I can do about the shoulder seam.
So it's a size too big. Not much you can do about it.

jermdizz

Reaction score
I just got a pair of raw Crate Squires. I assume they are sanforized, but I'm wondering if I should soak them to get any shrinkage out?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggestions on where to buy PRPS jeans in the greater DC area?
I know of Denim Bar, anywhere else?

aspud

Reaction score
Hello,

First of all, sry my english is really bad, i apologize for that.
I hope I'm posting here in the right topic.

I'm searching for an "armani" jeans which looks very roomy and elemantary. I've seen them a few times but i didn't find out where to buy them, and the name of them.

I would be very pleased if you could help me.

cu aspud

gomes

Reaction score
Any ideas for what kind of shirt or shirt + tie combo to wear with a maroon wool v-neck sweater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads