• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Godot

Reaction score
Just saw Infinity Wars. Really fun movie and I get why it is so popular.
The plot made no sense, but I didn’t really care.

If you are over the age of 12 & paid full price, I can see why you'd have a certain level of disappointment. I got to see it using Movie Pass and it was only $2.50 or 1 cent per minute. If I paid $12 or $13 to see this, I'd be a little annoyed.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's always funny when people who don't like superhero movies go to see one and then complain about it being a superhero movie.

Godot

Reaction score
Do you really think of movies like this? Weird

Not normally, but in this case, it was a useful perspective. This was not a great Sci Fi film, like Brazil or Blade Runner, but it was a long movie. They gave you your money's worth in volume if not quality.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK: What I really hated - that they didn't trot out The Immigrant Song for Thor. That would have made my day. It was great fun in Ragnarok and would have worked really well in IW.

That was particularly fun in Ragnarok. Maybe it just added too much to the budget for Infinity War.

They really upped the badass level for Thor from the end of Ragnarok into Infinity War. Going to be interesting to see how they balance that in future movies. Keep him out of the picture until they fight world-ending badasses like Thanos?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like that’s an issue in the comics as well — someone’s level of baddassery is always changing to fit the plot.

As far as Malthusian plans go, a more charitable read might be that Thanos is almost 100% dickhead, but doesn’t want to admit it to himself.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One more complaint (1.5, really)
Teen Groot supplying the handle for Thor's axe/hammer. It was supposed to seem dramatic but the fact that Grootie can just grow back more wood stuff means there was no real sacrifice. Maybe there wasn't supposed to be any but t seemed to be played like it was a big deal. Also, Grootwood isn't that strong (hence the death of the first Groot in GOTG1 from a mere crash and burn re-entry). It doesn't seem like a Grootwood handle would hold up in all the smashing and bashing and mega mystical cosmic explosions the hammeraxe is always being put through. Grootwood is kind of like duct tape -good for a few minutes but something better is needed for a more permanent solution.

Also, the Tyrion Lannister character was awful. I get the joke -look the dwarf is really a giant - but the character was unneeded or overplayed. It was particularly annoying that Dinklage used his Game of Thrones accent rather than his normal voice, so there was no way not to think of him as Tyrion.
In any case, this is all complaining, because its fun, about a movie I really liked. And there was plenty to like.

Also, I am preety sure the issue with The Immigrant Song for Infinity War was, as Gibonius said, primarily budget. Also, a little bit of control over editing it. I know those were issues in Raganarok. As can be expected, fans have already been making their own versions. You can search for them but the images are pretty grainy so I won't bother linking. I am sure once the blu-ray is released there will be some very good ones.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
First official photo of Captain Marvel/Shazam. I got to say, he looks great! Really channeling the "boy in an adult's body" look.

64FE994D-6D42-40F8-911B-3E2C508D9E78.jpeg

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped by my friends shop this morning. Big smiles as he showed me JLA no1 and Green Lanten 1.Meh not a DC guy but wait theres more then FF1, Avengers 1 and another Incredible Hulk 1. Definitely impressed.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like we are getting a version of The Jungle Book from WB that will more closely resemble the original book. Got to admit this looks excellent. Great voice cast!

Last edited:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. We saw the preview for Mowgli and my first thought was "WTF is this? Didn't we just have a live-action Jungle Book movie?"

I haven't read the original book so I'm not really able to judge how closely this hews to the original story.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To be honest I haven't read the original book either. I know the old Disney cartoon didnt follow it closely at all and I believe their recent live action version was heavily based on that cartoon.

I just think this trailer looks really good. So I'll give it a shot.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chris Pratt's asked about that decision he made in IW that has caused an internet stir and it's hillarious that he even has to bother.

The obvious answer is obvious. Otherwise the movie would have ended there and nobody wanted that.

Minor spoilers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads