• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't watched Lost In Space yet, but I'll say one thing- it looks expensive (and beautiful). They clearly didn't cheap out on the show

They didn't. There are a couple of monsters that aren't great and a few too many scenes in a forest (no doubt in BC) but overall it looks great.

I think what I like and find refreshing is how low key it is. No attempts at humour - a few Don Westisms aside - or over-the-top heroics. Maureen is great; Will is smart but a normal kid; they have a nice take on Dr Smith; and the robot is pretty cool. Couple of sciencey things bugged me but easily forgiven.

lefty

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saying this might be too leading, but Infinity War is:

The Empire Strikes Back of Marvel films.

I can't think of another movie that so deserves this title. In any franchise.

Have to agree with this, in the best possible way.

Having tried all weekend to get seats, I’m probably too sleepy to speak intelligibly about it, but damn — this film delivers! I don’t want to seem like a fanboy, but I’m trying to think of missteps, and am just coming up short. I think if anything, certain moments could have been drawn out for maximum effect, but weren’t, due to the enormous running length.

The best moments for me — aside from the obvious, spoiler-requiring shockers — were just how many small things they squeezed-in from the comics. (The metal-armed Spidey suit being a great example; perfect execution there). Thanos’s female sidekick (which I recognized from the amazing Hickman Avengers) was also well-done.

The writers also seemed to learn from the best of Whedon’s impulses with the whole poignant, then funny dynamic, framing scenes in his special way.

I just couldn’t believe how well they fleshed-out Thanos, too — much better than the comics.

I’ve got to see this one again, and soon.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cast of Infinity War read Mean Tweets. They managed to collect some good ones for this round.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For those who have seen Infinity War. Lol.

E5D45BFB-26F4-413B-B40C-A0765AD2FE9E.jpeg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My son took me to see Infinity War yesterday. Intense to say the least and some vrey good marvel gags.
Ok so Captian Marvel. I read the Jim Stalin Thanos epic back in the 70’s great artwork and story line. I just wonder where do we go from here if Thanos has become a) the God or b) a god. Either way it opens up some interesting story lines which will lead to an interesting resoltuion.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just wondered where do we go from here if...
Thanos has become a) the God or b) a god. Either way it opens up some interesting story lines which will lead to an interesting resolution.

On a smaller note, someone pointed out that the erasure of Xandar (the planet w/ the Nova Corps) is the perfect set-up for a Nova movie.

I liked how Thanos stuck his guns and kept things random. One possibility is he that will simply evaporate on that hillside along with the rest, leaving someone else to recover the gems — though I’m sure they won’t go that route.

I was thinking maybe they could also salvage some of the interesting aspects of the whole Battleworld storyline and use — who was it? — that guy who just wanted a sandwich? — and use him to rebuild things.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
First episode of Cobra Kai.

Godot

Reaction score
I just saw Infinity Wars & while the villain was unpleasant, I could see his point. Humans & most other species seem to be hard wired with two goals. The first is to survive & the second is to reproduce & consume. One of the reasons the Europeans were so attracted to the New World was that had begun to exhaust their recourses.
The villain wanted to wipe out 1/2 the population on a given planet on a completely random basis. Currently we have 7 billion people on a planet that can comfortable accommodate 1 billion. There is a theory that when we hit 10 billion people, we are going to experience a lot of problems.
Consider

Not a film that has to worry about getting an Oscar, but saw it using Movie Pass & was fun for $2.50.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanos' scope was bigger than just Earth/Terra.

He wiped out half of all life, everywhere.

Also, followed the link, and I survived. So...

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I see the point of the rest of the movie now.
Not sure you see the point? Dude, you're gonna miss like 65 percent of the special effects if you bail now! Think of the children!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads