• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JL comes out this week, reviews been mix but sounds like if your a comic book fan, there is something for you to really enjoy.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
quick JL review

movie was fun and action packed and for that it was good, it was never boring and while not all jokes were a knock out, it was good for the most part

over-simplistic story and over-simplistic villain seem to sound bad but it benefits DC who struggles a bit on plot, this about setting up the team and I thought it worked while avoiding complications

not perfect by a long shot but it gets points for being fun and not dreary, some might hate it but I feel it is a move in the right direction

and you can finally clearly see the villain in the last fight :lol

it will get multiple viewings via moviepass

I am curious what the cinemascore is

few spoilers:

best fight is definitely Supes versus everyone, it showcases his strengths, it's also funny how dude just tosses bats away

nice GL cameo in the flashback war, not quite sure who it is

Hercules in the war was a nice surprise too

first end credit with the race with Flash and Supes was a nice tough

second end credit with Lex was a surprise, people hyped it up so when they showed it wasn't Eisenberg I thought the big surprise was he got recasted :lol but it turns out he just escaped and to see Deathstroke was awesome

I wish instead of saying "we need a league of our own," it would have been better if he said "create a legion"

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saw JL today and agree with most of @RFX45 thoughts. Pretty entertaining film overall. I was worried it would feel rushed due to all the edits to get the film down to two hours, but honestly the pacing isn’t half bad. The bad guy felt like another typical poorly written super hero film villain but he wasn’t really the focus. It’s all about getting the team together and on that it works.

I give it a solid B.

Superman was excellent in the film! I loved every moment with him. It felt like the DCEU finally understands the character.

Post credit scenes were great. I do wish we would have got more of the Flash vs Superman race. Maybe in a sequel down the line?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
WSJ Panned it. The review had lots of praise for WW and contrasted it with the terrible acting in JL, blaming it on the stew of multiple directors and writers. Glad you guys liked it as I want to see it. I think, though, given the reviews, that I will be in no rush.

How was Aquaman? No lie- all I want is to see a AM/WW team ups I can watch the actors have fun together.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One reoccurring theme i've noticed reading comments to various reviews of JL online is that the audience in theaters seemed to be having a good time. Lots of laughing and even some clapping. I'm really not trying to hype this movie as more then it is, but i'm under the impression that critics are being way too harsh on it.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whatever...I just want to keep my wife away from naked Aquaman. :(

Would it have killed them to go with the orange suit!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do feel like they have been unfairly rated by the critics, cinemascore is at a B+.

there are reviews like these from mashable too:

"But it's ... fun! There are some great moments!" you may have read from the apology press, the increasingly identifiable group of chronically agreeable movie writers who've been carefully groomed by studios to say only nice things – or nothing at all – to keep the invites rolling in for early screenings, paid junket trips and red-carpet premiere parties.

Who just seems mad that he may not have gotten an invite and just seems to trying too hard to discredit the little praise the movie got from the press. If these were the case, then why is the film getting bashed so much and have a 39% RT score?

I mean isn't that more appropriate if this was a Marvel Studios film which every other studios gets compared to and already has a knock on them for not being made by them?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw JL. Movie was enjoyable. My only complaint is the villain is kind of lame.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
crazy and sad

DCEUs futures in danger, Aquamans done filming so thats coming out, WW2s probably safe off of the strengths of the first one but Flash, Shazam, GL, Black Adam, Cyborg, etc... might not happen now.

screen-shot-2017-11-19-at-11-19-08-am-png.2007015

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought JL was a pleasant surprise. I'd been sufficiently deflated by the early, negative reviews that I went in expecting to hate it. Came out of the theatre having enjoyed it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics