• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This sucks, Deadpool got banned in China so that is a big box office hit for them.

It's especially bad as this is a pretty big risk for them and already gave them a low budget so they can do what they want and make the film R-rated.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Movie looks like garbage so no big loss. ;)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to say I agree. The more that's come out promoting it, the more try-hard it feels.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's not the point, this will discourage the studios to green lighting any r-rated cbms.

They had a surprise screening tonight in NY and LA and twitter response seems good but that doesn't really tell us much.

John Michael Melende @MrMikeMel

Holy chimichanga! Deadpool was phenomenal!!! Such a great job, well done guys!! #Deadpool #DeadpoolMovie @ROBLIEFELD

Gregg Katzman @GreggKatzman

This #deadpool fan's happy. Really fun movie. Overall plot's standard, but consistently strong comedy, fan service & action overshadow that.

Eddy @ItsEddynotEddie

#Deadpool is so freaking drop dead awesomeness. Why did I use those words together well cause I just died #Vsauce

Rachel Howard @racheljhoward

Just saw early screening of Deadpool. The movie is ******* amazing. Everything I was hoping for from the Merc with a Mouth! #deadpool

Rachel Howard @racheljhoward

And like all marvel movies, make sure you wait for the tag at the end of the credits! Self aware and referential, perfect Deadpool.

Jenna Ezarik @jennaezarik

Got to see Deadpool a month early. BEST MOVIE I’VE EVER SEEN. SO GOOD.

Nadeshot
2714.png
@Nadeshot

This is how I just spent my afternoon! OFFICIALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE MARVEL MOVIES OF ALL TIME. SO GOOD!

Erick. @ErickGSinatra

#Deadpool was freaking amazing!!!!!! So damn hilarious, so dumb & probably one of my favorite movies!!!! @deadpoolmovie

daddy @MajinBuunny

LITERALLY BEST MARVEL MOVIE. I was lowkey hella doubtful but by far best executed movie i've seen in a long time.

Keaton Keller @keaton

Deadpool was amazing. Hi @nottjmiller

Joe P Harris @Joe_P_Harris

Deadpool is an absolutely fantastic movie!!! Go and see it Feb. 12th!! #deadpool #robliefeld #fox

Ryan Reynolds Online @RyanReynoldsTv

Holy chimichanga! #Deadpool was phenomenal!! Such a great job, well done guys!! #Deadpool @DeadpoolMovie @VancityReynolds

Phillip acosta @pacosta289

Just watched #Deadpool a month before it's out and it's ******* amazing, #DeadpoolMovie #Marvel #Epic

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well if @RyanReynoldsTv liked it then you know it has to be good.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Like I said that doesn't tell us much especially when some chick says it's the best movie she's ever seen.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Regarding R rated cbm, I see where you are trying to come from but it's not going to make a big difference either way. Hollywood is to scared of possible low tickets sales to invest in many mainstream R movies these days. Let alone comic book based ones. I'd love to get more, but I don't see supporting slop like this as the key to make that happen.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But again you are judging base on trailers (like usual even though majority of people and cb fans love) but the film has a good chance to be good (no interference from producers) and fun (its Deadpool) and if this r-rated film succeeds then that'll give confidence for studios to take risks and we may get more Kick-Ass instead of pg rated Wolverine films.

This kind of "slop" is exactly the key that could open that door if it succeeds. Low budget and r-rated without limitation. Everyone should wish this becomes a huge success just for the chance alone of seeing other r-rated cbms.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As you know, writer and director Kevin Smith will be hosting The CW event DC Films Present: Dawn of the Justice League alongside DC Comics' CCO, Geoff Johns. On the latest episode of Kevin Smith's popular podcast, Fat Man on Batman, Smith talked about what exactly we'll be seeing this Tuesday night. "They show footage, new footage of Batman v Superman," said Smith. "They show footage from the Wonder Woman movie that they're shooting right now, which includes shots of Wonder Woman in action doing some **** you've never seen before. Then the whole f**king thing wraps up with the debut of the Suicide Squad trailer."

Kevin Smith is one of the very few people to have seen the new Suicide Squad trailer and during the episode he gave his thoughts on how David Ayer's new Suicide Squad film might surprise us. "I think this is their Guardians of the Galaxy. It's going to be a sneak f**king stealth hit."

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll admit, I thought Guardians of the Galaxy looked like it would suck hard, (Vin Diesel as a CGI tree!) but it turned out to be pleasantly watchable. If Suicide Squad can pull off a similar feat, despite the utter awfulness of what we've seen so far of Jared Leto's Joker, I'll be happy.

And I still think Deadpool could be decent...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'll admit, I thought Guardians of the Galaxy looked like it would suck hard, (Vin Diesel as a CGI tree!) but it turned out to be pleasantly watchable. If Suicide Squad can pull off a similar feat, despite the utter awfulness of what we've seen so far of Jared Leto's Joker, I'll be happy.

And I still think Deadpool could be decent...

GoTG had me sold from trailer 1. The humor and general tone of what they presented was near perfect. I wish Deadpool was giving me the same vibe, but unfortunately it's been a dud so far other then some good viral marketing they put out.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting no GL in that JL pic.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Interesting no GL in that JL pic.

I noticed that too. It's strange enough seeing Cyborg everywhere instead of Martian Manhunter, but leaving out GL is just odd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads