• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
04B313F4-3560-4089-B3BA-D5A5E3D4ABF7.png
D13D9513-3807-4C6B-AFF5-4342B6A69EC8.png
5E4FBDE1-BB68-4BA2-981C-ECE74B00EE71.png
C0773CF1-1B25-4A65-A068-58435F8CE855.png

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you guys find my private channel?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
First look at Batman.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Third new Batman since 2005. You really have to wonder how much space there is for continuous reboots of the franchise.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He's a good actor and I liked the music. The costume isn't doing it for me.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Third new Batman since 2005. You really have to wonder how much space there is for continuous reboots of the franchise.

Creatively? They aren’t even close to being tapped out. Batman as a character lends himself well to a wide variety of interpretations.

I’m only worried about them rushing this along too quickly after the last version. Still it seems to be working for Spider-Man, so why not crank out the Batmen too? Got to keep selling those tickets.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Creatively? They aren’t even close to being tapped out. Batman as a character lends himself well to a wide variety of interpretations.

I guess we'll see if it's really a new interpretation or just the same thing in a new package.

I bet they'll still sell tickets, but I dunno, I'm just not feeling it at this point. And The Batmen is one of my favorite graphic novels.

I’m only worried about them rushing this along too quickly after the last version. Still it seems to be working for Spider-Man, so why not crank out the Batmen too? Got to keep selling those tickets.

Also the last version was...not so much.

The most recent version of Spiderman is working, but that's part of the bigger MCU. I'm not sure they'd have gotten so much goodwill if it hadn't been a successful reboot of the mostly horrible Sony property.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rumor is they are going to lean heavy on his detective skills. If so that's a version of Batman we haven't seen on the big screen. I'm all for it if the script is decent.

For the record I thought Affleck was a great as an older Batman. It's just the movies themselves that weren't great. Not that interpretation of the character.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was supremely skeptical of Batfleck upon first announcement, but even despite the movies' multiple sins, I thought he had a great take on the character. Appreciated the violence and slightly more savage nature of a dude just fed up with it.

I'm definitely not on board with Pattinson in that teaser though.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanSmii