• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed!

IMG_8141.jpeg

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obses...dzilla-the-2014-godzilla-still-rules?ref=home

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This tells, in 6 minutes, a much better story than Dan Snyder did in 3 hours of Recall Moon.

That was great, but just wait until the 11 hour Snydercut version of Rebel Moon: Parts 1&2: The Complete Movie: Completely Badass: Even Slower Motion Fights: Now With Boobs. Then you'll see what genius visionary filmmaking is.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was great, but just wait until the 11 hour Snydercut version of Rebel Moon: Parts 1&2: The Complete Movie: Completely Badass: Even Slower Motion Fights: Now With Boobs. Then you'll see what genius visionary filmmaking is.

You have to wonder wtf he is even doing, other than turning into Michael Bay.

It’s not an "extended cut" of this movie. It’s almost like a different movie. It’s almost a different universe that [the R-rated cut] lives in than this movie. The reason for that is because it’s such a philosophical thing to shoot a director’s cut of a movie before you finish this version. All of my director’s cuts existed as a response to the things that were demanded of me to take out of the theatrical version, right? With [Rebel Moon], that demand was never really made.

We knew it would be a PG-13 movie. In my heart of hearts, I’d always wanted it to be rated R, but you realize this sort of scale and cost of a movie like this, "Well, it’s not 100% responsible to have that be the demand." [They were] like, "What if we said do whatever you want over here? Do the PG-13 version and then go nuts [with the other cut]. We don’t care." That was a thing I’ve never experienced before. [It will be a] really crazy experience for fans, because it’s the fully realized weirdo, heavy metal, bizzaro-land movie.

"Way more brutal. More bizarre. Verhoeven-esque. More RoboCop than you know… in the way that it uses violence as another character. And there's a lot of sex in it, and sci-fi fantasy."

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You have to wonder wtf he is even doing, other than turning into Michael Bay.

It’s not an "extended cut" of this movie. It’s almost like a different movie. It’s almost a different universe that [the R-rated cut] lives in than this movie. The reason for that is because it’s such a philosophical thing to shoot a director’s cut of a movie before you finish this version. All of my director’s cuts existed as a response to the things that were demanded of me to take out of the theatrical version, right? With [Rebel Moon], that demand was never really made.

We knew it would be a PG-13 movie. In my heart of hearts, I’d always wanted it to be rated R, but you realize this sort of scale and cost of a movie like this, "Well, it’s not 100% responsible to have that be the demand." [They were] like, "What if we said do whatever you want over here? Do the PG-13 version and then go nuts [with the other cut]. We don’t care." That was a thing I’ve never experienced before. [It will be a] really crazy experience for fans, because it’s the fully realized weirdo, heavy metal, bizzaro-land movie.

"Way more brutal. More bizarre. Verhoeven-esque. More RoboCop than you know… in the way that it uses violence as another character. And there's a lot of sex in it, and sci-fi fantasy."

It really takes some hutzpah to make a "Director's Cut" version of a movie when you had complete creative control over the original release version. Why bother making difficult creative choices and refining when you can just vomit out two different versions and indulge your every impulse?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It really takes some hutzpah to make a "Director's Cut" version of a movie when you had complete creative control over the original release version. Why bother making difficult creative choices and refining when you can just vomit out two different versions and indulge your every impulse?

To be fair it sounds like Netflix wanted a PG-13 version designed to appeal to the mainstream but told him to go ahead and film a crazier R version at the same time. We would have only had the R version had Netflix not also wanted a more mainstream cut.

Movie sucked either way.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to hit pause on the US Godzilla movies? The first two were fun but the rest were snoozers. The TV show had its moments but was basically one long Scooby Doo episode.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This looks like a mess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads