• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some pretty explicit ones in RoS, including him literally sensing Rey's death from across the planet and saying "the Force brought me here" earlier.

There's a callback to Obi Wan sensing the destruction of Alderaan when he hears screaming from ones of the planets being destroyed in TFA too.

A complication I came across. Not sure I buy all of them, but the ensemble is pretty solid.

If that wasn't deliberate it was a hell of a head fake.

Didn’t Boyega also think that Finn was a force user at some level?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Didn’t Boyega also think that Finn was a force user at some level?

My understanding is it was a combination of the marketing, “mystery box,” and LucasFilms overselling him on how big his character was going to be to the ST. The company fucked up on that and considering how few black heroes there were in the franchise it wasn't a good look.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ignoring marketing and him using the lightsaber what were the “number of things” you are referring to from TFA?

There's a couple of them in that Youtube video I linked. I definitely didn't remember all of those (and not sure I agree with them), but having more than one even in TFA definitely points that it was something we were supposed to be wondering about.

I definitely wasn't the only person who assumed it would pay off in the later movies, and not in the lame ham-handed way it did in RoS.

My understanding is it was a combination of the marketing, “mystery box,” and Lucas film overselling him on how big his character was going to be to the ST. The company fucked up on that and considering how few black heroes there were in the franchise it wasn't a good look.

They oversold it to the audience too. They obviously wanted to recreate the original trilogy character dynamic but Finn ends up being closer to less memorable Chewie than any other analogue. That's not...great.

At best they just didn't know what to do with the character after TFA. He has his heroic sacrifice derailed in TLJ, which could have been interesting (the Rebellion needs heroes more than martyrs etc etc) but it didn't go anywhere. Then just turns into a dumb sidekick yelling "Rey!" in RoS.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my interest in Star Wars is seriously waning. Will turn Vought+ back on for Andor next year and then wave off like a chopper on a hot LZ. IMG_7308.jpeg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Most of that video was from RoS.

Nothing about Kylo turning towards Finn indicated Finn was force-sensitive. I’m not even sure where he got that idea.

Maz gave Finn the lightsaber and told him to find Rey. You know Rey, the actual (future) Jedi who will need it.

Sorry but these are silly arguments from a random YouTuber. Lol

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For the record, I’d love to see Finn return and go on a journey to become a Jedi. The actor has said he wouldn’t return but no one thought Ford would either after TFA. Money talks and it would be fun to see him train with Rey in the “Jedi Academy” movie that’s being planned.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my interest in Star Wars is seriously waning. Will turn Vought+ back on for Andor next year and then wave off like a chopper on a hot LZ. View attachment 2043107
Yeah, I've basically given up at this point. Unless the reviews are consistently excellent, as they were with Andor, I'm gonna skip it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It would break the internet if the film stars CGI faced Han, Luke, and Leia. I also think a film like that is coming one day.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just rewatched R1 on Saturday, my first time to rewatch it, and the CGI Peter Cushing stuck out like a sore thumb. It was bad. The film is still the best SW film, IMO.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just rewatched R1 on Saturday, my first time to rewatch it, and the CGI Peter Cushing stuck out like a sore thumb. It was bad.
Best Star Wars film since OT, though.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The CGI face of Luke looked good at the end of Mando S2. Somehow it got slightly worse for BoBF.

But those are streaming shows. Give them another 5 to 10 years with a movie budget they should be able to pull it off at an acceptable level.

I’d prefer they recast if they did it, but that’s not gonna happen.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The CGI face of Luke looked good at the end of Mando S2. Somehow it got slightly worse for BoBF.

But those are streaming shows. Give them another 5 to 10 years with a movie budget they should be able to pull it off at an acceptable level.

I’d prefer they recast if they did it, but that’s not gonna happen.
I'd love to see the Thrawn trilogy made into canon.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd love to see the Thrawn trilogy made into canon.

Well, the story they are setting up is already going to see some huge changes. We don’t even know if the OT characters are going to play a part in the movie.

If they are smart they won’t kill him off at the end of the film. Franchises need to avoid killing villains so often. Limits what can be done in the future.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the story they are setting up is already going to see some huge changes. We don’t even know if the OT characters are going to play a part in the movie.

If they are smart they won’t kill him off at the end of the film. Franchises need to avoid killing villains so often. Limits what can be done in the future.
Didn't he pop back up in the novels later? No one ever dies in sci-fi/fantasy anyway.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Didn't he pop back up in the novels later? No one ever dies in sci-fi/fantasy anyway.

I think there were clones. Not sure.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members