• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've been wearing a pair of Okinawas for the past year and a half.

Nice, I had a pair that I loved. Was pretty itchy for the first three months. But really soften up. I'd like to find a place with accurate sugar cane measurements so I could try them again..

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda miss the days of wearing raw denim, my balls thank me after switching to stretch denim though. Are there any brands of stretch denim that is starched or something so that it can get fades?

Or can anyone recommend stretch denim? I have Robert Geller and Uniqlo. I know Acne and John Elliott have it too but are there any other brands that are good?

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apc stretch denim sounds like exactly what you're looking for. I use to wear only gellers and uniqlo but mainly wear APC NPS stretch now

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I kinda miss the days of wearing raw denim, my balls thank me after switching to stretch denim though. Are there any brands of stretch denim that is starched or something so that it can get fades?

Or can anyone recommend stretch denim? I have Robert Geller and Uniqlo. I know Acne and John Elliott have it too but are there any other brands that are good?

N&F super skinny indigo stretch are good, but are pretty low risers

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I currently regularly wear Nudie (brute Knut) and Acne (ace) stretch denim jeans - both are comfortable and look like they will hold up to regularly wear (but I'm not concerned with fades).

I'm not familiar with that nudie cut. I thought lean dean was most like the ace?

ryan123

Reaction score

Global Rakuten has free shipping over 12K yen. Especially good place to buy orslow fatigues or other pants. They are usually $100 less than retail prices at normal stores. Sugar cane denim is also much cheaper if people still weat that.

which seller on the free shipping list sells sugar cane?

ebayhtl

Reaction score

I'm not familiar with that nudie cut. I thought lean dean was most like the ace?

Not comparing the two cuts. The Brute Knut is loose-ish around the thighs and tapers aggressively from the knee onwards. I like it but defn different to the Ace (so the hem is actually a bit narrower than the Ace). IMO size down 1 to get a good fit in the Brute Knut (I bought another pair TTS and the thighs/butt was super baggy). Both are comfortable good jeans to me with the stretch denim.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Same haha. Though stretch denim really never stacks right around the knee and what not.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you can just, y'know, buy raw denim in your size instead of sizing down a ball-crunching level

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear Saint Lauren and Acne for stretch denim.

Raw - My old amazing Ande Whalls, Momotaro Battle Stripes, Rogue Territory, and Real Mccoy.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice, I had a pair that I loved. Was pretty itchy for the first three months. But really soften up. I'd like to find a place with accurate sugar cane measurements so I could try them again..

Self Edge is pretty accurate. You should size down one, anyway, because they get pretty loose after about a year.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reminder to revisit those items/stores that were sold out in your size. Purely on a whim, I went back to Zegna to re-ogle the sweater that was long gone in my size when, lo an behold, there one is. Got lucky = insta-snag.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you can just, y'know, buy raw denim in your size instead of sizing down a ball-crunching level

I did, never bought skinny raw denim. Somehow the pairs I had always seemed to shrink a little too much from washing them. Or maybe I just got fat for a bit and the n lost the weight back

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads