• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

I know someone who works there and they've done two sets of markdowns.  One about a week before Christmas and the other Christmas Eve.  On top of that it's now 60% off the marked sale price for all markdowns and then another 10% off (plus any rewards one might have) for cardholders.  They're well picked over now on the men's side, but they can find items for you on their mobile device (with free shipping to your home) or via store locator on the register.  I always go through women's for styles for my mother and then have them order petites as most stores don't stock them.

I never understood why anyone would wear engineered garments in the first place. That's not to mention that ridiculous looking pear shape pattern or however they cut them. To each their own I guess.

Vinneo

Reaction score
^ Yeah, achilles white look pretty ridiculous on feet out of the box.
Why not Vans Oldskool + Achilles/variant in rotation. Offer diff look completely.

Johnny5

Reaction score

Butteros are great they fit similar to achilles, I also like Lanvins as an alternative to CPs

Kop a pair from END, white tanino. The silhouette (especially for bottom leg openings below 19cm) is great, leather looks like it has good ageing potential and construction is on par with some of the high end sneakers I owned. Worth every single damn penny.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like we need a CP Alternatives thread in addition to the Zespa thread.

Last edited:

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are butteros comfortable? The leather on them looks stiff and blister-inducing. And I mean are they comfortable in a trainer way, not a broken-in leather kind of way

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are butteros comfortable? The leather on them looks stiff and blister-inducing. And I mean are they comfortable in a trainer way, not a broken-in leather kind of way 

Alright seriously, here:

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/534598/the-official-common-projects-alternative-thread layout=block][/CONTENTEMBED]

@LA Guy

Not sure if you want to move the previous couple pages of discussion here. Also not sure if you guys feel a Zespa-only thread is warranted (yet).

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Got blisters the first time I wore my Butteros. It took a while to break them in.

milosh

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of all white stan smiths since the last pair is almost done. I guess the only thing worse than stans right now is all the premium copies.

normusmaximus

Reaction score
Morrison / Howlin' kicked off their 30% holiday sale at http://www.morrison.be/sales.html using 'happy17' as the discount code.

The code didn't seem to work on clearance items, but I did snag a Birth of the Cool Triple A crewneck and a pair of gray suede Buttero slip ons for $180 USD including shipping.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah yes, the semi new spin on the annual "non baller version of a baller version of a non baller sneaker" discussion. MMM still the most comfy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads