• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some pretty great sales on END, especially for CPs - large selection. Surprised there's not more buzz about it here, when is the sale on until? Although yeah, fedex duties to Canada are always rough.

A side question, which are the most popular Acne fit? Looking for plain black skinny jeans to replace my N&F Skinny guy power stretch - maybe the Ace Stay cash?

curiouscharles

Reaction score

not always true but thats the official law.

been charged duties on sub $200 items before by fedex after the law took effect and im in usa 

how much?

have a sneaking suspicion people are confusing "brokerage" charges w/ "duties".

you'll always be charged brokerage by couriers, but not duties.

[typically in the range of ~$25.00 USD to clear a package through customs for you]

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some pretty great sales on END, especially for CPs - large selection. Surprised there's not more buzz about it here, when is the sale on until? Although yeah, fedex duties to Canada are always rough.

A side question, which are the most popular Acne fit? Looking for plain black skinny jeans to replace my N&F Skinny guy power stretch - maybe the Ace Stay cash?

Yup the Stay Cash are what you'll want. They do attract quite a bit of lint but the fit is so good...

Last edited:

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how much?

have a sneaking suspicion people are confusing "brokerage" charges w/ "duties".

you'll always be charged brokerage by couriers, but not duties.

[typically in the range of ~$25.00 USD to clear a package through customs for you]

Canada Post does not charge brokerage for gift or merchandise packages with little value.

In my experience UPS and Fedex almost always charge duties/brokerage

Anyway brokerage is like $10.

Last edited:

Henward

Reaction score

Almost pulled the trigger on a pair of Chelseas from END, but I know that the ~450 CAD will carry with it a ridiculous (100-250) "brokerage" fee from FedEx. Ordered a pair of Adidas NMD runners from END (~180 CAD) and got hit with a FedEx bill of $130..... lol.

curiouscharles

Reaction score

Canada Post does not charge brokerage for gift or merchandise packages with little value.

In my experience UPS and Fedex almost always charge duties/brokerage

Anyway brokerage is like $10.

national postal services do not ever charge brokerage.

as i said, private couriers ALWAYS charge brokerage, and it's never less than $15.00 USD, and typically around the ~$25.00 USD mark. [never been charged less or more myself]

Almost pulled the trigger on a pair of Chelseas from END, but I know that the ~450 CAD will carry with it a ridiculous (100-250) "brokerage" fee from FedEx. Ordered a pair of Adidas NMD runners from END (~180 CAD) and got hit with a FedEx bill of $130..... lol.

...sigh.

despite all my efforts, i can't seem to get through to people.

brokerage and duties are two different things.

i'm going to stop trying though, GL everybody. :D

Last edited:

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ not to nitpick but in your first post you simply mentioned courier, which includes a national courier

Canada Post is always the safest option to go for Canadians, and even then, Canada Post charges brokerage should they have to process your package due to high value. They'll add a $10-15 brokerage fee.

UPS and Fedex charge insane amounts. For BC it's 12% tax + duties + brokerage fee. Avoid avoid avoid.

Grintricha

Reaction score
So kafka currently has the patron stacking with a further 15%. Any view of whether it'll go deeper after Christmas? Or will it just open up the 35 to non patrons?

Henward

Reaction score
national postal services do not ever charge brokerage.

as i said, private couriers ALWAYS charge brokerage, and it's never less than $15.00 USD, and typically around the ~$25.00 USD mark. [never been charged less or more myself]
...sigh.

despite all my efforts, i can't seem to get through to people.

brokerage and duties are two different things.

i'm going to stop trying though, GL everybody.
biggrin.gif
?..
I merely said the bill I got from FedEx was $130 for an order that was $180CAD. The local taxes (13% from ontario ~$23) + whatever the difference is in brokerage + duties. Sorry I lumped duties and brokerage fees together? I guess you're pretty lucky with never having been charged over $25USD in brokerage fees. You don't have to respond like a know-it-all ass.

deathscythe

Reaction score
So kafka currently has the patron stacking with a further 15%. Any view of whether it'll go deeper after Christmas? Or will it just open up the 35 to non patrons?
Hmm..I haven't gotten a promo code for an extra 15%. An item I eyeing is capped at 30% off with just the patron rate. However, I did notice when I try to stack promo codes, Kafka lowers my patron rate and keeps the overall discount the same.

Grintricha

Reaction score
Hmm..I haven't gotten a promo code for an extra 15%. An item I eyeing is capped at 30% off with just the patron rate. However, I did notice when I try to stack promo codes, Kafka lowers my patron rate and keeps the overall discount the same.

hmm I didn't do the maths, I get 20% off for patron rate and have prior to getting an email with a stacking code for another 15% off which takes it to 29% (I've input the actual amounts in percentagecalculator.net). Once i input the code it does not change the patron rate instead take a further bit off.

The code is patronpre

I've not bought loads from them in the past so maybe there is different levels of patron rate

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads