• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
of course it was a belt!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That is just the Hender Scheme sizing.  I am a 6, and am a 10.5-11 US.

They changed it? I have some size 7 AF1's from last season and there's no sizing equivalent mentioned anywhere, just JP 7.

Wait I re-read my original post and realise that could be confusing. I mean am a size 7 in Hender but Browns is using Italian sizing. So I'm trying to figure out what a 7 would be since they have some versions in a 44 and some in a 44.5, which doesn't seem to translate to 6's and 7's.

Last edited:

Hype1234

Reaction score

That is just the Hender Scheme sizing.  I am a 6, and am a 10.5-11 US.
Honestly I wouldn't even try gambling on Hender sizing. Fit is so unique and varies across the different shoes. I fit a 4 in the AF1 and 5 in the Jordans. I even compared the sole on the 4 AF1 and the 5 Jordan and they were the same haha.

Originally I was looking at the Vans. However, I was in-between sizes couldn't see myself wearing either of the two comfortably.

I guess YMMV, but I'm happy I took my time to try a couple on before settling w the Jordan ones.

Whirling

Reaction score

They changed it? I have some size 7 AF1's from last season and there's no sizing equivalent mentioned anywhere, just JP 7.

Wait I re-read my original post and realise that could be confusing. I mean am a size 7 in Hender but Browns is using Italian sizing. So I'm trying to figure out what a 7 would be since they have some versions in a 44 and some in a 44.5, which doesn't seem to translate to 6's and 7's.

Some Hender Schemes fit larger than others by a half size or more, frankly. I am USA 10.5 C on Brannock, but have long arches, so I often have to round up. If Hender Scheme made a JP 6.5, that might work for me in all their models. As it is, a JP 6 is too small for me in some Hender Schemes, but on the big side in others. Thus, I get JP 7 in any new model of HS.

Different retailers convert the Hender Scheme sizes rather differently. Most don't do a good job and don't convert differently for the different HS models.

I think Browns is doing a pretty good job of the size conversions to European metric sizing. I can't promise, but the 44.5 or 44 represent JP 7; the 43 or 43.5 represent JP 6.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry this is so impromptu - wanted to make sure we didn't get lost in the millieu. Sale live at midnight, shoot me a PM with any questions or call / email the shop!

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was thinking about witching to sonos. I'm currently using b&w a7 and a5's with airplay. The b&w's are great but airplay is so glitchy. Can anyone compare to sonos?

Yoox at 35% off only through the app. Some phenomenal deals to be had.

I'm using the Bang & Olufsen A6 with airplay, works great and sounds great.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can someone remind me of the deets (time and place) of the upcoming Sage de Cret sample sale? And what are the chances there will be bunny parkas there?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads