• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends what it is.

I generally feel a 30% discount is lame.

But then some brands rarely go beyond this at Sale, as they can put stock into their Outlet Stores.

I wanted a pair of Edward Green shoes from the MP Sale. They've gone to 30% but still cost over £500. They've now sold out of my size. I'm not going to cry over them because £500 is way over the limit I want to pay for a pair of shoes. Yes I would really like them, but they'd had to be at least 50% off before I would consider purchasing. 50% off usually does it for me, 70% is just good fortune.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

70% is for when you are shopping for the price, i dont think ive ever gotten skmething that high discount that ive watched for a season, you night be lucky if you find something you liked on Barneys warehouse or sormthing.

There's always cool stuff that makes it to 70% at The Corner. Sometimes I wonder if their clientele actually enjoys owning clothes.

Fulton

Reaction score
I see it as part of the items price. Of course if you're not 100% sure about what you're ordering it's risky.

UNIONMADE charge $60 for shipping - I still ordered a couple of items from their warehouse sale. One of the items didn't work out, but I was able to sell on eBay without a loss. The other item was an item that retailed at £400 and ended up costing me just over £100 (including the shipping). You will be hard pushed to find anyone in the US who will ship something tracked to Europe for less than $40.

That assumes that you place no value on your time. For me (who values their time highly) selling something on ebay is expensive. I would have to sell for quite a bit more than I paid to break even.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That assumes that you place no value on your time.  For me (who values their time highly) selling something on ebay is expensive.  I would have to sell for quite a bit more than I paid to break even.

Oh boy!

If your time is so valuable what on earth are you doing wasting it on a fashion forum.

There's always the charity bag, that'll save you some time, you high earning professional.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on some tod's loafers, $170USD is cheap for the gommino's, but I just bought a pair and the colors left aren't my top choices..

MrPorterBot

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads