• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got to see ervell but he was shy and didn't want to say hi. Proxies are so hard when you have price limits, color limits, and size limits. I was so flustered. I got a sweater in a wrong size and a sweater that's a little itchy so might put those up for sale at larger mark up than proxy. I didn't ask or make much in fees and after splitting with nahneun we get like an mta card for each of us and and two sandwiches.
Not doing this again.

Despite this, I really appreciate the effort dude. At a 10% proxy fee there's really not much money to make, so it's pretty much a personal favor. Many thanks.

rosenkruez

Reaction score
I'd be extremely interested in PE standard jackets. Sz 42. If they are available and someone can proxy one for me, i'd greatly appreciate it.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so good. 1 of 1 leather bomber jacket is so good.

8033566833_f37b2fa59b_z.jpg

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mom picked up that dinner jacket and the pocket sweater for me!
Eye candy for you dudes, Suddenlee worked out perfectly as a personal shopper; shout out to Erica

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, this isn't Ervell sample sale related like the last two pages, but thought some people may be interested...

just received this email from Barbour:

Good morning … If you, a family member, or a friend owns a Barbour wax jacket, here’s an offer you cannot refuse. Receive a complimentary reproofing of your Barbour wax jacket at the Barbour Boston Newbury Street store on Saturday, November 3rd, 10:00a to 7:00p.

Take a minute and look around the store … their AW12 men’s and women’s collections offer a variety of fresh new looks and colors. And, if you find a new Barbour jacket to purchase while your old one is getting its facelift ... you’ll get $50.00 off that new jacket! What a deal, right?

NOTE: All Barbour’s retail stores will be offering this same service and discount, starting this weekend at their Madison Street store in New York (Byron, Jodi and Ashley). If anyone is interested in knowing other Barbour retail store locations and reproofing dates, please contact someone on the Barbour team.

TL/DR: you can get your old jacket reproofed for free and $50 off a new jacket on Nov 3rd at the Barbour store in Boston. Contact other locations (NYC) for the dates they're doing the promo

sftiger

Reaction score

Sorry, this isn't Ervell sample sale related like the last two pages, but thought some people may be interested...
just received this email from Barbour:
Good morning … If you, a family member, or a friend owns a Barbour wax jacket, here’s an offer you cannot refuse. Receive a complimentary reproofing of your Barbour wax jacket at the Barbour Boston Newbury Street store on Saturday, November 3rd, 10:00a to 7:00p.
Take a minute and look around the store … their AW12 men’s and women’s collections offer a variety of fresh new looks and colors. And, if you find a new Barbour jacket to purchase while your old one is getting its facelift ... you’ll get $50.00 off that new jacket! What a deal, right?
NOTE: All Barbour’s retail stores will be offering this same service and discount, starting this weekend at their Madison Street store in New York (Byron, Jodi and Ashley). If anyone is interested in knowing other Barbour retail store locations and reproofing dates, please contact someone on the Barbour team.

TL/DR: you can get your old jacket reproofed for free and $50 off a new jacket on Nov 3rd at the Barbour store in Boston. Contact other locations (NYC) for the dates they're doing the promo
Amazing

Amazing - thank you for this.

For those that are interested, the NYC SoHo Barbour store is doing the same thing on Saturday, October 13th from 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Just called the store to verify, and it's the same deal - free reproofing and $50 off a new jacket.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing
Amazing - thank you for this.
For those that are interested, the NYC SoHo Barbour store is doing the same thing on Saturday, October 13th from 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Just called the store to verify, and it's the same deal - free reproofing and $50 off a new jacket.

You're very welcome.

Addendum:

In Boston they're reproofing the first 20 jackets in store for free, everything after that is sent to the HQ in NH. (and I could see that taking awhile) Not sure if it's a similar deal for NYC...

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got to see ervell but he was shy and didn't want to say hi. Proxies are so hard when you have price limits, color limits, and size limits. I was so flustered. I got a sweater in a wrong size and a sweater that's a little itchy so might put those up for sale at larger mark up than proxy. I didn't ask or make much in fees and after splitting with nahneun we get like an mta card for each of us and and two sandwiches.
Not doing this again.

Did you go the PE sample sale? What'd you think of the stuff? I might've seen you.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Girlfriend picked up the gray pocket sweater for me. Thanks for heads up on the sample sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads