• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yipjam

Reaction score

Weird, I got a shipment confirmation from TBS last week on an order I used a code for and they just e-mailed me saying they don't have the items in stock, what in god's name did they send me if my items aren't in stock? Has this happened to anybody?

Yep this happened to me as well on a pair of shoes, apparently their website didn't update the stock levels correctly, they just offered to get another item or a full refund.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Weird, I got a shipment confirmation from TBS last week on an order I used a code for and they just e-mailed me saying they don't have the items in stock, what in god's name did they send me if my items aren't in stock? Has this happened to anybody?

Yep this happened to me as well on a pair of shoes, apparently their website didn't update the stock levels correctly, they just offered to get another item or a full refund.

Their inventory system creates a tracking number almost immediately and then the items are packed later. It's how you should operate in terms ecommerce as that way you don't get random user errors and wasted time / efficiency. Pretty sure stock is out on floor too so someone could have picked it up before they could pack. Pretty sure stock is accurate most of the time.

ts18

Reaction score
I do like tbs since their stocks are great and they ship fast. But 2 of the my 5 orders were out of stock after I order.
And I did not get any notification from them after a weak. I hope they could upgrade their inventory system in the future.

applegreen

Reaction score
Hit up the Long Beach Trading Co... pickings are getting slimmer, and prices are now $50 for what's in the box. Grabbed a pair of SC 1966 in 31x32, KMW 2010 in 31, and SC lot 321 for a friend in 28. Not decided about keeping them. Anyone know if the KMW 2010 will shrink with a hot soak? The SC in 31 might be a bit too baggy for me, might flip them on the 'bay soon.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well don't you guys feel dumb having had a 37% off but instead waited and now got backhanded with a 30%
Who was it that always says kop now and think after? APK, I think it was someone else and APK actually fell in the former group of waiting too long

My hesitations were almost always related to finances. I don't like to spend money if it cuts into my non-negotiable monthly expenses and emergencies. In a lot of those instances where I put off buying something, that's what I would have been doing. I don't wanna be one of those guys in the B&S forum having to dump their clothes for pennies on the dollar because they didn't think it was important to have some cushion in the bank account for unexpected expenses.

And really, there have only been maybe a handful of things I missed out on that I still regret, whereas a lot of them look like dodged bullets to me with the benefit of hindsight.

Gavin

Reaction score
Sydney's 20% off website relaunch sale ends today.

We will be marking down individual items from some of our collections starting tomorrow, but LUC and m.a+ will not be included.

karmaguy

Reaction score
i heard stels in boston is closing up shop at the end of june so while most things theyve got for sale are at 40% off, i imagine the sale will steepen closer to then. just something to keep in mind

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads