• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

S-Town

Reaction score
They are going to have to pay folks to take those Band of Outsiders/Sperry, lord of the rings shoes...

blairh

Reaction score

I think Andrew's explanation answers why the code isn't mirrored between the UK and US site. From what he's saying, the two sites are operated like different entities with separate databases, pricing/inventory policies, etc. It sucks to miss out on a sale. But being upset the US site not honoring the code from the UK site, given what Andrew said, would be like getting upset with the Uniqlo in SoHo for not honoring a promotion that the Uniqlos in Japan were running.

True but the code was working for me up until last Monday. And perhaps even past that. I simply tried it last on Monday.

I'm to blame mostly here. I've said it from the start. I just think it would a be a good/cool move if they simply honored the discount once I took the time to call and be courteous to them. I certainly was not entitled to such treatment, but it's moves along those lines that I've experienced in the past with other situations which made me not only really admire a company but also lead me to become a repeat customer that tells his friends to look into a specific business. MR PORTER will do just fine without me, but they also lost out on a potentially big sale this one time.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
To be honest, I think u just made a mistake confusing US and UK website. I think you applied the code on UK site and confuse yourself. Because the 2 codes are different, one is October20 and another is november20. They 2 websites look almost identical except ship to location.

blairh

Reaction score

To be honest, I think u just made a mistake confusing US and UK website. I think you applied the code on UK site and confuse yourself. Because the 2 codes are different, one is October20 and another is november20. They 2 websites look almost identical except ship to location.

I definitely did not do that. I applied 'November20' to the US site and it worked for me earlier this week.

It doesn't matter anyone. It's over. I'll purchase elsewhere unless by some miracle another similar code pops up sooner than later.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I definitely did not do that. I applied 'November20' to the US site and it worked for me earlier this week.

It doesn't matter anyone. It's over. I'll purchase elsewhere unless by some miracle another similar code pops up sooner than later.

so you made a mistake and now you are going to take it out on mrporter? i bet you feel so boss right now hahaha

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, grabbed a CG Manitoba and thinking about the WM knit vest.. the knit pattern they have is the shittiest one one could've chosen from selection so I don't know

blairh

Reaction score

so you made a mistake and now you are going to take it out on mrporter? i bet you feel so boss right now hahaha

I wouldn't necessarily deem what I did as a mistake. But I do think that the customer service rep at MR PORTER could have honored the code this one time. (Or perhaps her manager could have.) It's a small gesture that would have gone a long way down the road for them with respect to potential purchases by me. I'm not 'taking it out' on MR PORTER by purchasing elsewhere, I just feel better spending my money at another business that at least potentially would go an extra step for me. Also I'm blocking you because you sound like a tool. I feel so boss right now.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha your so narcissistic

Upset you can't get special treatment

Boohoohoo

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lulz I love this fool

I DEMAND SPECIAL TREATMENT SO I CAN BUY 300 DOLLARS WORTH OF CUT PRICE RAW DENIM

blairh

Reaction score
I know this burns you up iroh but this is what my screen looks like right now. I'm confident you were dumb enough to bother to write me a scathing reply. Have a nice life. :thumbs-up:

And please everyone, let's drop my MR PORTER situation. Thank you.

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
SW took 20% off majority of its online stock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads