• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Folk Thread

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I've been thinking about making this thread for awhile, and finally decided today that I should.

I love Folk. Probably my favorite brand at the moment.

Folk is a British workwear brand that's has interesting, quirky takes on a lot of classic pieces. The materials and fabrics are always fantastic, construction is decent and the fits are slim and modern.

Webstores that carry it:

Union Made : http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Folk_Mens.html
Frances May : http://www.francesmay.com/designers/folk
Mortar : http://www.shopmortar.com/folk/
Mr. Porter : www.mrpoter.com
Lyonstate : www.lyonstate.com
Need Supply : www.needsupply.com
Folk Clothing : www.folkclothing.com (official webstore)
Revolve Clothing : www.revolveclothing.com
Context Clothing : www.contextclothing.com

Folk sizing:

Folk doesn't use XS-XL sizing, they do numbered sizing. Most pieces fit true to size.

It works out to be:

2 - 36
3 - 38
4 - 40
5 - 42
6 - 44

Anyway, some pieces I'd love to pick up, funds permitting.

trackshort-grey.jpg

Washed Down Track Short

f1904w-tapedjacket-flecked-oatmeal-1.jpg

Taped Jacket

Anyway this is just a start.

Let me know other stores that carry it/stuff to add to the OP.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Recent fit pic with Folk pants (size 4):

5becd7f0.jpg

these pants are awesome. the fabric is really thick and soft, and I love the taped seams (both in and out) for the flash or white when you turn up the cuffs.

I also appreciate the front pocket construction. IMO most chinos have waaay too deep pockets, these are nice and shallow so when you use them it doesn't distort the whole silhouette.

tumblr_m2y5oedGMR1r0bebto1_1280.png

close up the cuffs.

AchtungBaby07

Reaction score
i feel you Teger!

Folk is awesome and so are some of the lesser known European brands (dun get mention often here) which are real gems as well.

If you need a quick fix for Folk, there are quite a few british webstores that stock it and you can take advantage of the 20% off VAT for shipping outside the EU

Nice fit on the trousers btw!
fistbump.gif

Last edited:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like folks aesthetic.. but their clothes are poorly made.. overpriced and oddly sized.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I don't think they're poorly made. all the stuff I have from them has been really well constructed.. taped seams, reinforced buttons, etc. also the sizing has been consistent - a 4 fits well in everything I've bought, except a shirt which I might get rid of.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
added. wish the shirt I'm selling fit. if anyone sees it in a 5 holla at me.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
glad you started this, teger! Folk doesn't have enough 'philosophy' to generate the commentary that the yohji thread gets, but it's still good to have a reference.

In my experience sizing can vary from shirts to outerwear, so I would advise buying multiple sizes granted you can return.

I'm gonna try to get some photos of my folk stuff for the thread.

OK, so this piece I got on sale for a great price around $150 or something from like $250. This particular shirt had significant markup because of the special japanese flannel they used. It's unbelievably soft and thick and I got one in each color ;)

BrownFlannelShirt_L1.jpg

BrownFlannelShirt_L4.jpg

folk-raglan-peacock-shirt-01.jpg

I also got this white rain mac. had to size up one from the shirt size above. great details, taped seams, waxed or ventile?

folk-white-rainmac-01.jpg

photo-84.jpg

Also have this blue corduroy 'riding jacket'. nice material and color.

folk0602blu_01

BA793DBD.jpg

Also have this speckled black rollneck, where the neck rolls out into a balaclava
413_3.jpg

413_4.jpg

So i think you can see the quirk that folk uses; it's fun but still looks refined IMO.

blake3030

Reaction score
I have a Folk Rainmac from SS11. I've found the construction and materials to to top notch. This thing is as weatherproof as I could ever need it to be. The only problem has been a yellow discolouration on the white plastic material inside the hood....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads