• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2015-2016 college football thread

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

The final play of the Miami-Duke game is worth watching. I'm enjoying Temple-Notre Dame as well.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Happy Halloween, all.

That might be the first time I've ever seen typically ****** ACC officiating favor Miami to the detriment of a "founder" (one of the Carolina schools).

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have any of y'all witnessed a review of a targeting foul get reversed this season?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That might be the first time I've ever seen typically ****** ACC officiating favor Miami to the detriment of a "founder" (one of the Carolina schools).

ACC already came down on the crew and is suspending them along with the replay official.

Last edited:

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their press release is brutal.

The series of errors during the final play of the game will result in the suspension of the entire crew for two ACC games.

The errors that occurred during the last play of the game are:

• The replay official erred in not overturning the ruling on the field that the Miami player had released the ball prior to his knee being down. If called, this would have ended the game.
  • The on-field officials erred by failing to penalize Miami for an illegal block in the back at the Miami 16-yard line. If called, the ball would have been placed at the Miami 8-yard line and the game would have been extended for an untimed down.
  • A block in the back foul was called at the Duke 26-yard line. After the officials conferred, which is appropriate, they correctly determined that the block was from the side, which resulted in the flag being picked up. The replay official was not involved in the decision to pick up the flag; however, the referee did not effectively manage communication and properly explain why the flag was picked up.
  • In addition, the on-field crew failed to penalize a Miami player for leaving the bench area and entering the field prior to the end of the play. This foul would not have negated the touchdown because it would have been enforced as a dead ball foul.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-11-01-2015

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
gDPOmqq.gif

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lolol.

I've seen the refs just call for chains to move without measuring, even though it was clearly a yard short.

Seriously though...

I read somewhere (maybe here) Ohio state didn't get called for a holding all of last year. Wtf is that.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holding penalties need to be reassessed in general. It's ridiculous how often big plays are ruined by a tugged jersey halfway across the field that doesn't impact the play at all. I'm not exactly sure what the answer is, but there has to be a better way.

Also, while we're at it, intentional grounding needs to be updated to account for how athletic quarterbacks have become. The rule as it stands only makes sense when the prevailing quarterback is a slow pocket passer, which isn't the case anymore, and it's far too easy for the more mobile modern quarterbacks to slip out of the tackle box and throw it away to avoid a sack.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Holding penalties need to be reassessed in general. It's ridiculous how often big plays are ruined by a tugged jersey halfway across the field that doesn't impact the play at all. I'm not exactly sure what the answer is, but there has to be a better way.

Also, while we're at it, intentional grounding needs to be updated to account for how athletic quarterbacks have become. The rule as it stands only makes sense when the prevailing quarterback is a slow pocket passer, which isn't the case anymore, and it's far too easy for the more mobile modern quarterbacks to slip out of the tackle box and throw it away to avoid a sack.

I agree, but with the intentional grounding I am afraid it's just going to make the ****** teams shittier.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clemson and Alabama… lol.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics