• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Metrosey

Reaction score
Alright so Richard responded. Mr @TH3515 you can indeed get a 12.5 UK size, I quote "UK 12 1/2 should be no problem at all."

I've asked for the invoice to be called "GMTO Trickers"

Further information below

"A half bellows tongue is standard specification on this model. Full bellows have not been used by Trickers for many years.

I would usually specify a ‘Barbour Welt’ which looks very similar to a storm Welt. The colour again usually would be Cream with tan Welt stitching. If you can send me a picture reference of a Welt and colour you like I can confirm what it is....

Upper stitching is matched by the factory unless you wish to specify.

I will do some more work on this Sunday when the store is a little quieter
Best regards,
Richard"

I've asked if the full bellowed tongue could still be possible even if Trickers haven't done it for a while (I'll let you all know) if not we shall go back to half-bellowed (wasn't a strong preference anyway). Moreover, I sent a picture of the natural welt to confirm the choice :)

We'll keep with the factory chosen matched upper stitching, it will work better and avoid colour confusion :)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
To Knick his own picture that’s the cream Barbour welt with tan stitching I’m assuming.

Attachments

• 996889AB-AA11-4C26-9D19-6450451740E8.jpeg
    996889AB-AA11-4C26-9D19-6450451740E8.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 141

Metrosey

Reaction score
Last edited:

TH3515

Reaction score
Alright so Richard responded. Mr @TH3515 you can indeed get a 12.5 UK size, I quote "UK 12 1/2 should be no problem at all."
Many thanks for the confirmation. This is interesting indeed, although I can hardly justify the expense right now (have quit my old job and started freelancing but business is still slow) but the 12.5 is very tempting and I'll ask Richard for the price anyway...there's no harm in asking, is there???

Metrosey

Reaction score
Many thanks for the confirmation. This is interesting indeed, although I can hardly justify the expense right now (have quit my old job and started freelancing but business is still slow) but the 12.5 is very tempting and I'll ask Richard for the price anyway...there's no harm in asking, is there???

There's no harm at all :)

If you are in though, I think we shall have 8 for the minimum order. Not to put pressure or anything on you. If not, perhaps we could tempt Richard to get one/two for the store :)

jayvee

Reaction score
I’ll email Richard so that makes 7. I do like the idea of the austerity brogue. Perhaps an austerity stow? But we are quite far along with it now so maybe another time.

Have Trickers confirmed the ridgeway?

Metrosey

Reaction score
I’ll email Richard so that makes 7. I do like the idea of the austerity brogue. Perhaps an austerity stow? But we are quite far along with it now so maybe another time.

Have Trickers confirmed the ridgeway?

I included you in the six, another time for sure. Let's get this one over the line first :)

Richard didn't say anything against the Ridgeway, so I think it's fine :)

Thank you for getting in contact with Richard

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads