• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

princealbert

Reaction score
What does the circled A indicate, as written on the interior lining? [/QUOTE]

I was told by the factory that they sometimes use the circled A to match up pairs of shoes / boots during the production process.

Barnes78

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions about shoe trees and maintenance/cleaning.

I have some Grassmeres and Woodstocks. Both on the 4497S last. Both size 8.5 (on a 5 width). I bought some shoe trees - size 42/43, so 8/9. They don’t fit without really stretching the shoes, which doesn’t seem like a good idea. What is the rule with shoe trees? A whole size smaller?

And cleaning; Tricker’s advise neutral wax polish on both the kudu and Marron (which is what I have) - I emailed them to find out. Is the Saphir Medaille d’or 1925 pate de luxe neutral the same as the tricker’s neutral wax polish? Any recommendations? Anything for nourishing the leather? Or not necessary?

Thanks in advance.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have some Grassmeres and Woodstocks. Both on the 4497S last. Both size 8.5 (on a 5 width). I bought some shoe trees - size 42/43, so 8/9. They don’t fit without really stretching the shoes, which doesn’t seem like a good idea. What is the rule with shoe trees? A whole size smaller?

And cleaning; Tricker’s advise neutral wax polish on both the kudu and Marron (which is what I have) - I emailed them to find out. Is the Saphir Medaille d’or 1925 pate de luxe neutral the same as the tricker’s neutral wax polish? Any recommendations? Anything for nourishing the leather? Or not necessary?

Thanks in advance.
I found that it was a struggle to put a pair of (Langer & Messmer) shoe trees in my grassmeres also. Now they’re in, I don’t think I will have too many problems. As for the neutral polish, I notice the price of 50ml on the Tricker’s website is £9, plus postage I am assuming. Yet I can get 100ml of neutral Saphir on Amazon for £10, plus free delivery. It’s a no brainer for me.

Kiwijohn

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
I have size 43/44 trees that I use in my size 43 (uk9) Stows. Slightly snug fit but I tend to lift the back of the tree slightly rather than pushing in all the way. I don't see a problem.

biglmbass

Reaction score
It's raining right now so no natural light for you.

Coffee, gold, acorn. I'm not 100% sure that is "gold mc" since the box just says "gold".

Anyone have any recent pics of some Gold MC boots showing wear & age?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads